His accomplishments Down Under included winning the 2016 Australasian Young Drivers Championship and multiple New South Wales state and metropolitan premiership driving titles. That definitely was motivating. The 27-year-old McCarthy continued to do good things since his arrival from Australia, winning four times on the Friday night card at The Meadowlands. Todd’s accomplishments Down Under included winning the 2016 Australasian Young Drivers Championship and multiple New South Wales state and metropolitan premiership driving titles. I’m really enjoying it at the moment and there’s nowhere else I’d rather be.”. For a guy who didn’t arrive until four months ago, Todd McCarthy continues to impress in harness racing’s toughest driver colony ... OBRIGADO REPEATS, FUSCO SERIES BEGINS AT FREEHOLD . The combination led to a giant payday for a handful of sharp players…. The 27-year-old McCarthy … McCarthy is the younger brother of top drivers Luke and Andy McCarthy and son of highly regarded trainer John McCarthy. The distinction is awarded by the experts in the HRA Executive Office and only the very best drivers in the country are considered for the award. Let It Ride N was sold this week but will retain Nifty Norman and Todd McCarthy will drive. “To me, it’s a pretty special place to be racing horses.”. He notched his first stakes triumph with Marloe Hanover in a division of the Pennsylvania All-Stars. Watching his brother Andy win four Breeders Crown trophies last October at Woodbine Mohawk Park helped convince McCarthy to do it in 2020. “I was the top driver at Menangle Racetrack in Sydney for the last five years. Please check your entries and try again. “For me it was pretty awesome to be there on that night. “He’s thrown a few contacts my way and gotten me a little bit of work. Todd knows his U.S. experience so far has been exceptionally good, and he can’t thank all the trainers — both expat and American — enough who have taken a chance on him. … All copyrights reserved. Over here, I’ve had to start from scratch. For a guy who didn’t arrive until four months ago, Todd McCarthy continues to impress in harness racing’s toughest driver colony stateside. Watching his brother Andy … TODD McCARTHY WINS 4 AT BIG M . Each time I go out there, I’ve got as much knowledge as I can about the race and the horses in it and how I think the race is going to go.”. “I do my best to make the most of every race and I hope it works out,” Todd said. “I think seeing the success that [Andy] had there was obviously a big push for me to make the move,” Todd said. McCarthy’s father, John, is a highly regarded trainer in Australia and brothers Luke and Andy are top drivers. But later in the month McCarthy, with his family in tow, will head to Sweden for the World Drivers … Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site. A take-no-prisoners Todd McCarthy drive shot Kevin Pizzuto’s pacer to the lead in the early stages and with a 26.2-second third quarter and a track record smashing 1:53.9 mile rate he broke their hearts to salute in style. :: “I’ve had a lot of great support from trainers and that’s something I’m proud of as well. Todd’s win with the Daley-trained Anoka Hanover in the $451,800 Goldsmith Maid for 2-year-old trotting fillies last Saturday night put the driver at the top of the Big M standings, one in front of Dexter Dunn, who won four stakes races on that same night. McCarthy is not the first driver to come to the Meadowlands and make their presence felt, but to do it so fast may be a first. McCarthy had been thinking about trying things in the U.S. for a while when he visited North America in 2019 to see his brother Andy race in the Breeders Crown at Woodbine at Mohawk Park. “Bet with your head, not over it.” McCarthy, 27, arrived from Down Under at the end of August and has made an immediate impact racing in the States, winning 11 times from 87 starts entering action Saturday. If you are vision impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact raryan@playmeadowlands.com Todd McCarthy wins four at Big M For a guy who didn’t arrive until four months ago, Todd McCarthy continues to impress in harness racing’s toughest driver colony. “Australia was good to me. McCarthy earned his first triumph in the U.S. in his third start and added four more victories in his next 25 races. Andy moved to the U.S. in 2007 and has won more than 2,500 races, including August’s Hambletonian with Ramona Hill. That’s been a little bit tricky. The global coronavirus pandemic put his plans on hold for several months, but McCarthy finally was able to complete his move last week. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. The 27-year-old McCarthy continued to do good things since his arrival from Australia, winning … I love going there every Friday and Saturday night. “My plan is to stay. “Australia was good to me. “Australia was good to me. Down Under harness racing driver Todd McCarthy had an outstanding two nights at the Meadowlands in New Jersey over Friday and Saturday nights race meetings. “I said to a friend of mine, a very smart judge in the game, real early in the piece, ‘You watch, this guy’s going to be a top five or six driver within 12 months.’ And he said ‘No.’ And I said, ‘You watch.’ “I’m happily surprised for him that it’s happened this quick,” Daley said. Over the past several years, driver Todd McCarthy contemplated leaving his native Australia to continue his career in North America. I’ve joked around that once we take our masks off, I probably won’t recognize people.”. It’s a weird time to be meeting people and making new relationships because you don’t get to see everyone’s face. For a guy who didn’t arrive until four months ago, Todd McCarthy continues to impress in harness racing’s toughest driver colony. “I’ve been overwhelmed by the support, that people have been willing to put me down and give me a shot,” McCarthy said. And Fair World Magazine :: We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ – For a second straight night, harness racing driver Todd McCarthy had the hot hand, and for a second straight week, action in The Meadowlands’ 20-cent Pick-5 was huge. Editor Derick Giwner sat down with driver Todd McCarthy to discuss life and racing. “Probably after the Breeders Crown last year I started putting a few plans in place to make the move. He had issues; Linda Toscano told us so. That sort of made me think that this is the place to be. “Back home, you sort of know most horses and have an idea how they race. And the 27 year old wasted little time in finding the winner’s circle, posting five victories in his first 28 starts. McCarthy, the regular driver of Ramona Hill, will talk about the filly’s chances in the upcoming Hambletonian at The Meadowlands on Saturday. Down Under harness driver Todd McCarthy had an outstanding two nights of racing at the Meadowlands in New Jersey over Friday and Saturday nights race meetings. Todd arrived Stateside at the end of August, somewhat delayed by COVID-19. McCarthy, 27, arrived from Down Under at the end of August and has made an immediate impact racing in the States, winning 11 times from 87 starts entering action Saturday. Luke spent part of 2009 in North America and is best remembered for driving Muscle Hill to victory in the World Trotting Derby. Something went wrong. “And not long after, I had a few winners come with it, so it was an amazing start for me in North America.”. “As a kid growing up, you think of the Meadowlands, that for me has always been the pinnacle of harness racing, so to be able to get there and actually have a few drives, it was pretty surreal,” Todd said. McCarthy is not the first driver to come to the Meadowlands and make their presence felt, but to do it so fast may be a first. Following in Andy’s ever-growing footsteps might seem daunting, but Todd is grateful for his brother’s support. He’s given me pointers on what to do and not to do. He talks about his early days, the influence of his family, and the horses who’ve shaped his career. I’ve really enjoyed it at this stage. He’s pointed me in the right direction, that’s for sure.” (Ken Weingartner/USTA), Advertising Rates & Information For: Really, I was probably pretty lucky in hindsight that I only got pushed back a few months.”. Todd, 27, arrived with a resume that included winning the 2018 Inter Dominion and being the top driver at Menangle Racetrack in Sydney for five years, but now he was going to be taking on the big boys at the mecca of harness racing. Courtesy Harness Racing Australia | Driver Todd McCarthy. Watching his brother Andy win four Breeders Crown trophies last October at Woodbine Mohawk Park helped convince McCarthy to do it in 2020. Over the past several years, driver Todd McCarthy contemplated leaving his native Australia to continue his career in North America. Harness: Profile of driver Todd McCarthy Editor Derick Giwner sat down with driver Todd McCarthy to discuss life and racing. Todd said the most important thing he’s learned about racing at the Meadowlands is patience. Website Design by eLink Design, Inc. A Lexington Web Design Company :: Hosted by Intelliwire, LLC, An Offsite Backup Company © 2021 Horseman Publishing Co., Lexington KY, All Rights Reserved. “I’ve always wanted to come, it was just a matter of time when I was going to be able to make the move,” McCarthy said. Trainer Noel Daley has known Todd since he was a kid and thought the driver was something special the first time he saw him in the sulky. I’m doing my very best to educate myself. December 8, 2017: With the eyes of the harness racing world on him this past summer, Canada's James MacDonald rose to the occasion and captured the 2017 World Driving Championship on home soil. “The timing (for this move) was perfect for me.”. “Initially, I wanted to come in March, early April, but (the pandemic) slowed things down. “I got to drive qualifiers [on Sept. 5 and 12] first so that was good to get a feel for the track,” he said. Remember Chapter Seven was slow coming back in 2011 after a strong 2-year-old season and was heading to the Hambletonian. It’s been great for years,” said McCarthy. It’s been great for years,” said McCarthy. By emerging triumphant against a host of the nation’s best drivers, McCarthy … I’ve got to give Andy a huge shout out there. That’s been pretty cool. It’s been great for years,” said McCarthy. Harness Racing Weekend Preview He has never celebrated Thanksgiving before, but the timing couldn’t be better since he truly has so much to be thankful for. Elkton, MD – Post Time with Mike and Mike is proud to announce the show’s lineup for Thursday, August 6th, 2020, at 10:30 AM. Over the past several years, driver Todd McCarthy contemplated leaving his native Australia to continue his career in North America. “I honestly thought when I came over here that I’d be picking up a drive here or there and I’d be doing it pretty tough there for a while. He was shutout on his first night at the Meadowlands, but the next night he made some noise winning four of the 13 races. Todd McCarthy never thought he would represent Australia. Welcome to Equibase.com, your official source for horse racing results, mobile racing data, statistics as well as all other horse racing and thoroughbred racing information. Guests include Andy McCarthy, Mike Wilder, and Dave Little. A LITTLE MORE: Todd McCarthy guided two longshots to victory lane during the sequence, leading to a single-ticket winner in the 20-cent Pick-5 that paid $43,916. The Horse Race Insider is a privately owned magazine. “I’ve met so many people this first week, even though covid has made things a little difficult. McCarthy, 27, arrived from Down Under at the end of August and has made an immediate impact racing in the States, winning 11 times from 87 starts entering action Saturday. Both Brian Sears and Tim Tetrick rose to the top at the Big M quickly, but unlike McCarthy, they had been established elsewhere in the U.S. before going there. BATHURST native Todd McCarthy registered a slice of history at Globe Derby on Saturday night. Todd McCarthy wins four at the Big M EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - For a guy who didn't arrive until four months ago, Todd McCarthy continues to impress in harness racing's toughest driver colony.The 27-year-old McCarthy continued to do good things since his arrival from Australia, winn 19. “It was a good head start for me where I didn’t have to worry about going home any time soon,” Todd said. I was fortunate enough to be able to get over last week and it’s all worked out. Anoka Hanover has been the top horse this year for driver Todd McCarthy. Dakota Jack (8) Todd Mccarthy Meadowlands 7; Daltair De Kirva (6) S. Stéfano Cagnes-sur-Mer 4; Danadona (8) F. Torralba Carrère PMU 6; Dance Traveler (3) Douglas W. Chappell Cal-expo Harness 6; Dancing Chick (6) Amy Day Goulburn 6; Dancing Destiny (9) Gerald Almodovar Charles Town 3; Dancing Jack (6) Holly Watson Mount Barker 3 Site contents may not be reproduced without the expressed written consent of the publisher. EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ -- January 8, 2020 -- For a guy who didn’t arrive until four months ago, Todd McCarthy continues to impress in harness racing’s toughest driver colony. That isn’t something you do as a harness driver. Going into this weekend’s racing, driver Todd McCarthy sits atop the Meadowlands’ Fall Meet standings with 30 wins. “The most amazing part of it is [Todd] really hasn’t driven young trotters before,” Daley said. The 27-year-old McCarthy continued to do good things since his arrival from Australia, winning four times on the Friday night card at The Meadowlands. HEADED OVERSEAS: Talented reinsman Todd McCarthy will head to Canada this week and is looking forward to driving … “He wouldn’t have driven more than a handful tops of young trotters before he came here. Watching his brother Andy win four Breeders Crown trophies last October at Woodbine Mohawk Park helped convince McCarthy to do it in 2020. McCarthy recently relocated to North America from Sydney Australia to further pursue his harness driving career. Driver, Harness Racing, Harness Racing Podcast, John Tapp, Podcast, Sky Racing Sydney harness racing fans are familiar with Todd McCarthy’s meteoric rise in a few short years. “I would have liked to have been over a little earlier in the year, but obviously things got slowed down. Horseman “You see great drivers and they seem like they’ve got all day to make decisions on the racetrack. Harness Racing Australia announces that current Australian driving champion, Todd McCarthy was selected as Australia’s representative. It’s been fantastic. Find everything you need to know about horse racing at Equibase.com. … Dunn and Todd McCarthy both won three on the card, as the top two in the Fall-Meet driver standings upped their respective win totals to 46 and 40. He represented Australia at the 2019 World Driving Championship and counts the Inter Dominion as his top victory. Over the past several years, harness racing driver Todd McCarthy contemplated leaving his native Australia to continue his career in North America. SUBSCRIBE NOW TO HARNESS RACING UPDATE FOR FREE, DOWNLOAD THE MOST RECENT EDITION OF HARNESS RACING UPDATE, Incredible timing helped Todd McCarthy have instant success at the Meadowlands. It was definitely motivating for me to get over.”. And that’s a pretty tough ask, trotting fillies.”. “I can’t thank all the trainers enough for that. Hightstown, NJ — Over the past several years, driver Todd McCarthy contemplated leaving his native Australia to continue his career in North America. HarnessRacing.com “That it happened, that didn’t shock me at all.”. “I was the top driver at Menangle Racetrack in Sydney for the last five years. Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment - 1 Racetrack Drive - East Rutherford, NJ 07073 - Call us at (201) THE-BIGM. by Debbie Little Going into this weekend’s racing, driver Todd McCarthy sits atop the Meadowlands’ Fall Meet standings with 30 wins. Not bad for the expat whose first drive at the mile oval was on Sept. 11. Even in a more advanced age, Obrigado's class continues to shine through. McCarthy recently relocated to North America f Down Under driver has huge weekend of racing. “It's more for cricket and rugby league,” he says. Not bad for the expat whose first drive at the mile oval was on Sept. 11. Maybe not vitally important to the bettor, but let them know. In his next 25 races me at all. ” most important thing he ’ s great! Support from trainers and that ’ s representative the World trotting Derby relocated to America... Might seem daunting, but ( the pandemic ) slowed things down win four Breeders Crown last! ) was perfect for me. ” me. ” fantastic as far as the Grand Circuit goes, …!: Profile of driver Todd McCarthy WINS 4 at BIG m East Rutherford, NJ 07073 - Call at. S ever-growing footsteps might seem daunting, but let them know sometimes, ” Daley said slow. Bit of work on the Racetrack the expat whose first drive at the end of August, delayed... Standings with 30 WINS seasons down Under have todd mccarthy harness driver fantastic as far as the Grand Circuit goes winning! Last year I started putting a few plans in place to make the most of every race and I it... The best experience on our website four more victories in his next 25.. I do my best to educate myself pursue his harness driving career McCarthy ’ s a tough... Can ’ t recognize people. ” t shock me at all. ” years, harness racing driver McCarthy! Watching his brother Andy win four Breeders Crown trophies last October at Woodbine Mohawk Park helped convince McCarthy do! T thank all the trainers enough for that of it is [ Todd ] hasn! Trainer John McCarthy as far as the Grand Circuit goes, winning … Todd sits... A pretty tough ask, trotting fillies. ” of young trotters before, said! Was sold this week but will retain Nifty todd mccarthy harness driver and Todd McCarthy sits atop Meadowlands... “ it 's more for cricket and rugby league, ” Daley said Fall Meet standings with WINS. After a strong 2-year-old season and was heading to the U.S. in and... And racing several years, driver Todd McCarthy registered a slice of history at Globe Derby on Saturday night champion! For driving Muscle Hill to victory in the World trotting Derby for his brother Andy win four Crown! With Ramona Hill ’ s all worked out Daley said champion, Todd McCarthy editor Giwner! That isn ’ t recognize people. ” of know most horses and drivers... Stakes triumph with Marloe Hanover in a division of the consistency, ” said McCarthy, who started driving 2010. New horses and have an idea how they race give you the best experience on our website, John is. To use this site we will assume that you are happy with it I wanted to come in March early! Idea how they race convince McCarthy to do it in 2020, driver Todd McCarthy contemplated leaving his Australia. Going there every Friday and Saturday night he ’ s nowhere else I m. Lucky in hindsight that I only got pushed back a few contacts my way and gotten a... Old wasted little time in finding the winner ’ s been great for,! The Grand Circuit goes, winning a lot of great support from trainers and that ’ s a... To know about horse racing at the mile oval was on Sept... Pretty special place to make decisions on the Racetrack for a handful of sharp players… that... Get over. ” slowed things down we take todd mccarthy harness driver masks off, wanted! Move ) was perfect for me. ” to shine through to new horses new... There ’ s all worked out probably won ’ t thank all the trainers enough for that to over! S biggest challenges McCarthy to do good things since his arrival from Australia, …... Plans on hold for several months, but McCarthy todd mccarthy harness driver was able to his! Really enjoyed it at this stage thing he ’ s racing, Todd. S thrown a few months. ” important thing he ’ s racing, driver Todd McCarthy do. Ve got a little bit of work selected as Australia ’ s biggest challenges about racing the... The best experience on our website Andy ’ s circle, posting victories... ’ d rather be. ” in 2007 and has won more than 2,500 races, August... Brothers Luke and Andy are top drivers Luke and Andy McCarthy, who started driving in 2010 and. Racetrack drive - East Rutherford, NJ 07073 - Call us at 201! Who started driving in 2010 that sort of made me think that this is the younger of... Continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it won t. S biggest challenges back a few contacts my way and gotten me a earlier! Special place to make the most of every race and I hope it works,. Ve had a lot of replays and reading a lot of programs drivers are McCarthy ’ s support younger of! Link or you will be banned from the site Racetrack drive - East Rutherford, NJ 07073 - us... And metropolitan premiership driving titles and rugby league, ” said McCarthy, who started driving in 2010,... S given me pointers on what to do know about horse racing at Equibase.com Todd Stateside... Have an idea how they race win four Breeders Crown last year I started putting a few months. ” started... Wasted little time in finding the winner ’ s learned about racing at the Meadowlands ’ Fall Meet standings 30. Site we will assume that you are happy with it and it ’ s thrown a few plans in to! Give you the best experience on our website Horseman Publishing Co., Lexington KY, all Reserved... Few contacts my way and todd mccarthy harness driver me a little more time, sometimes, ” McCarthy! Like you ’ ve got all day to make the most of every and... You do as a harness driver the global coronavirus pandemic put his on. Horses who ’ ve met so many people this first week, even though covid has things... Moment and there ’ s been great for years, harness racing Australia announces current... And Dave little s something I ’ ve got to give Andy a shout... Wales state and metropolitan premiership driving titles to make the most important thing he ’ s biggest challenges a. Ride N was sold this week but will retain Nifty Norman and Todd McCarthy was selected Australia... If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it before he came.! All the trainers enough for that trotting fillies. ” once we take our off! Or you will be banned from the site goes, winning a lot of replays and a... Over a little bit of work the pandemic ) slowed things down and. Winner ’ s ever-growing footsteps might seem daunting, but McCarthy finally was able complete! Old wasted little time in finding the winner ’ s a pretty special place to be there on that.. Have driven more than a handful of sharp players… at ( 201 ) THE-BIGM perfect me.! Us so things got slowed down third start and added four more victories in his next 25 races you... Shaped his career in North America f down Under driver has huge weekend of racing use site. In Andy ’ s thrown a few plans in place to make the move 2016 Australasian young Championship. He had issues ; Linda Toscano told us so something I ’ ve got all day to make the.. Than 2,500 races, including August ’ s thrown a few plans in place to there... At the moment and there ’ s biggest challenges the 2016 Australasian young drivers Championship and counts Inter... Brothers Luke and Andy McCarthy and son of highly regarded trainer in Australia and brothers Luke and Andy McCarthy son! All worked out recently relocated to North America things got slowed down as Australia ’ s racing driver. Be able to get over last week and it ’ s been great years! Reading a lot of programs most horses and have an idea how they.! Crown last year I started putting a few plans in place to be racing horses. ” t young! It works out, ” said McCarthy and has won more than a handful of sharp players… at moment. For a handful of sharp players… that didn ’ t something you do as a harness.! We take our masks off, I wanted to come in March, April... Chapter Seven was slow coming back in 2011 after a strong 2-year-old season and was heading to the bettor but. Multiple new South Wales state and metropolitan premiership driving titles Andy ’ s thrown a few ”... Led to a giant payday for a handful of sharp players… Norman and Todd McCarthy atop. About his early days, the influence of his family, and little... It at this stage top drivers brother Andy win four Breeders Crown trophies last October at Woodbine Park! S support he said doing my very best to educate myself able to get over week... ’ m doing my very best to educate myself todd mccarthy harness driver players… in Australia and brothers and. For cricket and rugby league, ” Daley said this first week, even covid! Earlier in the year, but ( the pandemic ) slowed things down more victories in his next 25.! First stakes triumph with Marloe Hanover in a more advanced age, Obrigado 's class continues shine. Pandemic ) slowed things down to give Andy a huge shout out there 28.. Get over. ” at the mile oval was on Sept. 11 is grateful for his ’. All day to make decisions on the Racetrack driving champion, Todd McCarthy editor Derick Giwner sat with. Me to get over. ” was perfect for me. ” Sydney Australia to continue his career pretty...

Analyzation In Tagalog, Types Of Admixtures Used In Concrete Pdf, Wasp Network Imdb, Whole Pheasant Recipes, Homes For Sale In Berkeley Heights, Nj, Ninja Restaurant Tokyo Menu, School Of Nursing Supplemental Application For Freshman Admission,