Required fields are marked *. However, this came out a little bit sweet for my tastes, so I used about a tablespoon of soy sauce, paprika, and some cumin seeds. Serve with plain new potatoes and fresh buttered vegetables. Back to Sweet Dijon Basa Swai Fish (or a fish of your choice). Add fillets and gently simmer for approximately 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large pot. This Basa Fish Fillet with Lemon Brown Butter Sauce recipe is easy enough to whip up on a weeknight and impressive enough to serve for a special dinner! Dredge fish in flour. Thanks. bring about 2 inches of water to a boil. 4 : Basa fillets, fresh or ; defrosted: 3-1/2 oz. 2 fish fillets, I am using Indian basa fillets. Basa fish in wine sauce. We all have those days. Ingredients: For the fish: 1. Tap the excess flour off the fish. But once it’s baked and the fish juices mix in with it, it transforms into an incredible sauce. 4 (about 1.5 lbs) Basa fillet or any other white fish 2 Tbsp. It takes longer to heat up the oven than it does to prepare this recipe! 2 cloves garlic 8. SEAFOOD SPAGHETTI Vincenzo's Plate. Also, the mixture over the fish turned very liquidy, the fish wasn't browned. Sounds great. Fish fillet with mandarin orange Sauce is a kind of a signature dish of my sister-in-law; she’s known for it amongst her friends and relatives-whenever they’re having guests for dinner, this is always present on the table. Add fillets and gently simmer for approximately 3 minutes. It’s an effortless 15 minute recipe one pan recipe where fish is baked with a creamy lemon sauce. He’s a sucker for punishment, that one. Secondly make a mushroom sauce. 341 calories; protein 16.5g; carbohydrates 19.7g; fat 22g; cholesterol 59.8mg; sodium 317mg. While the basa fillets bake, you make your sauce. Mix honey, mayonnaise, olive oil, mustard, and lemon juice together in a bowl. basa fillets. Pat dry each fish fillet with really well. Your sea bass is now ready to serve. Pan-fried basa fillets recipe. I like to do this step in the morning, and leave the fish in the refrigerator until I’m ready to finish dinner in the afternoon. Delicate Basa fish fillets are cooked to perfection and then topped with a lemony brown butter sauce! It goes well with all fish recipes and is a great substitute for expensive fish. If so, would I bake it skin side up or down? halibut. ½ tsp roasted cumin powder 5. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, then flour. Use fingers to spread flour. Coat the basa with the spicy mixture. 5. This has become one of our favorite dinners! Pepper. i'm not sure why mine came out so watery. Chilli sauce – 2 teaspoon. Add the tomatoes, sugar, thyme and soy sauce. The fish looked unappetizing and pale. Way too sweet. But, do you think I can make it with a fish that still has skin on one side (walleye). My kids and I loved this recipe! Pat fish fillets dry and place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Wash Basa fillets throughly ( be careful not to break) Beat eggs. Yup and this hidden treasure is the most delicious, tender, fish I have ever had. Yup, just throw it all in one pan, bake it, and you end up with a tender juicy fish in a creamy lemon sauce. https://www.cookingandcooking.com/recipe.php?recname=Spicy-Basa-Fillet I usually have a little sauce in the fridge just in case I need to top up a dish a notch; sauce can last up to a week when tightly stored in a refrigerator. salt, salt, black pepper, olive oil, curry powder, fresh lemon juice and 7 more. Served with rice. Basa in Orange Sauce ….need to know (food details) Number of people served : 2; Preparation time : 25 minutes ….and we need (ingredients) Basa fish fillet (preferably river bass) 2. I used frozen fillets, but fresh would be way better. Spoon over sauce, and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if using. If you really want to thicken the sauce, just take the fish out of the baking dish and return the pan to the oven for a few minutes (it will thicken quickly so keep an eye on it! Combine spices and salt, and sprinkle spice mix to coat the fillets … To make the wine sauce, add 1/4 cup white wine, 1/2 cup chicken stock, 4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, 1 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoons light soy sauce… This was the outcome of a lazy evening and trying to whip out something fancy out of pantry items. Learn how to cook great Pan-fried basa fillets . 1 . 4 large mouth bass fillets, skin removed. Basa fish fillets are pan fried and served on a bed of rice with a spicy tomatillo sauce. A speedy fish supper for two, this recipe uses budget-friendly See video or photos in post. Cook the Lemon & Herb Marinated Basa Fillets as per instructions on pack. teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet Advertisement. You will be thankful there is a decent amount of sauce because it’s perfect for mopping up with bread or spooning over mashed potato! Salt, to season 3. How To Make Pan Fried Basa Fillet Recipe – Step By Step. It’s a simple sauce which actually tastes pretty unimpressive when you first mix it up. This sounds perfect. Gently wrap the aluminum foil around each coated fish fillet, crimping the foil together over the top to seal into a packet. https://www.recipetineats.com/baked-fish-with-lemon-cream-sauce 菱 Ingredients. Make an impressive dish in less than 20 minutes! Yesterday was a day of experimenting with slow cooked curries. Basa fillets make for a lovely quick lunch or dinner. I usually have a little sauce in the fridge just in case I need to top up a dish a notch; sauce can last up to a week when tightly stored in a refrigerator. When you bake fish, you just can’t get colour on it like you can with pan frying, and this means loss of flavour. The only thing I change is instead of Dijon mustard I use honey mustard. Take it out of the pan. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Basa fish is slightly sweet and mild in flavor with a very delicate texture. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Heat oil in a pan. Freshly milled black pepper, to season 4. Reduce the heat to a bubble and slip the basa fillets into the sauce. This recipe is one of my favourite ways to whip up a delicious fish dinner on a whim! The basa fillets taste best grilled, or can be oven cooked. Combine the rice, water and bouillon in a saucepan. You can always just take it off though! :) 1. Yield. red snapper. They bake simply, without any adornments and so don’t need any prep time at all. How to cook Basa Fish Fillets (Full recipe and video below). Great recipe for swai! Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F (all oven types). They bake simply, without any adornments and so don’t need any prep time at all. This main dish recipe can be served with steamed rice or fresh salad. Preparing basa fillet in orange sauce . Make this fish recipe if you are looking for a quick dinner idea. Notes on the pan: Followed the recipe exactly although I cooked it on the BBQ oin med heat, just above the gas. Combine the rice, water and bouillon in a sauce pan, Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Place the Red & Yellow Pepper Wedges on a baking tray & spray with low calorie cooking spray. Place the fish fillet in the pan, spoon a little tomato sauce over them and let simmer gently for about 5 minutes. Delicate Basa fish fillets are cooked to perfection and then topped with a lemony brown butter sauce! Browning the butter makes it ‘nutty’ and makes this sauce absolutely delicious! Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). 20 min. 1 cup flour. Baked Basa With Vegetable Noodles Greedy Gourmet. Remove from oven and transfer fish to serving plates. Brush reserved sauce onto fillets. Turned out perfectly! So I like to either have a flavoured crumb, like I do for my other Emergency Fish recipe, Parmesan Crusted Fish (10 minutes, no messy dredging!) Baked Basa With Vegetable Noodles Greedy Gourmet. i loved the taste. Directions Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). egg yolks, peeled prawns, butter, milk, potatoes, spring onions and 6 more. Easy and quick to make by ilonaspassion.com I Ilona's Passion If you want to cook fresh fish in the most delicious way, there are 7 simple but quite effective rules to learn. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Carefully turn fillets over and gently simmer for another 2 … I served my sauce with grilled Basa fillet and quinoa. allrecipes.com.au/recipe/16257/basa-fillets-in-tomato-sauce.aspx Place the fish fillet in the pan, spoon a little tomato sauce over them and let simmer gently for about 5 minutes. DIRECTIONS. Honey – 1/4 cup. Originally published October 2016, updated with much needed new photos, brand new video and updated writing. Carefully turn fillets over and gently simmer for another 2 minutes. Fish Pies With Smoked Salmon, Prawns & Dill BBC Good Food. Basa Fillet in Tomato Sauce With a Side of Beans: This is a simple, yet wonderfully delicious seafood recipe. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This recipe was so good my family wanted it again the very next day! 1/3 cup low fat cream. Start marinating the fish fillets. 1 . However, this came out a little bit sweet for my tastes, so I used about a tablespoon of soy sauce, paprika, and some cumin seeds. If the idea of baked fish conjures up the words pale, colourless and bland, then this one’s going to be a game changer for you!! Honey – 1/4 cup. Add garlic, dill, fish stock along with parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and sugar till the sauce … Arrange fish fillets on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and season to taste. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Place one fish fillet on each serving plate and top with leftover sauce from foil packet. Info. Make an impressive dish in less than 20 minutes! Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork). It’s like a sauce made with the best stock ever! Sprinkle remaining ingredients over fish. Fish Pies With Smoked Salmon, Prawns & Dill BBC Good Food. It’s the sort of recipe you can make no matter how hectic your household is, or on a lazy Sunday night because it’s this easy: And out comes this – tender baked fish fillets with a beautiful lemon cream sauce that’s perfect with fish! This came out so tasty! Bake fillets in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 13 minutes. Pan fried Basa with fiery tomato sauce and grilled asparagus – a perfect spring recipe; succulent pieces of basa spiced with cumin and pan fried, served on a bed of hot herby, garlicky tomato sauce and some grilled asparagus on the side for an extra bit of crunch and flavour. N x. Browning the butter makes it ‘nutty’ and makes this sauce absolutely delicious! Pour in the … Man O … Can't wait to try again. Main Dish. Go ahead and surprise your loved ones with this mouth-watering lunch/dinner recipe this weekend! https://www.cookingandcooking.com/recipe.php?recname=Spicy-Basa-Fillet Ingredients. Pat fish dry using paper towels. The Mediterranean zest with a hedge over the mercury level makes this a super dish. 3 tablespoons (44 ml) of soy sauce 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of lemon juice 1 1/4 teaspoons (2.5 g) of chili powder 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of sugar 1 teaspoon (2 g) of dried basil 2 teaspoons (4 g) of dried oregano . Drizzle honey sauce over each fish fillet. Glad I did bkz it's still sweet. To finish the cooking process, turn the fish over to the other side and cook for 2 minutes. Place each fish fillet on separate pieces of aluminum foil. Place each fish fillet on separate pieces of aluminum foil. Deselect All. or a Sauce. You just need to cook clever and get creative! 2 basa fillets, cut into 6 portions, wash and pat dry (use any other white fish if you cannot get basa) 2. One reason I like making this recipe is that the basa fillets are baked in the oven, not pan-fried. Soya sauce – 1/4 cup. Its sweet and tangy and just down right delicious. white pepper and salt. I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes ; Cook the Dried Linguini Pasta as per instructions on the pack. Spoon the spicy mixture evenly over each fillet on the baking sheet. Bookmark this recipe to cookbook online. ), I love hearing how you went with my recipes! 13 mins exactly. 4 servings. I really liked what you had but was missing most of the ingredients so I made up my own version from your inspiration. I describe it as kind of light and fresh, yet a bit creamy. Basa fillet – 2 fillets. I didn't wrap the fish in foil, I just placed the fish in a glass baking dish and covered with the sauce. Add to List. Perhaps broiling might be a better way to cook the fish and mixture. In large skillet vegetable stock and kitchen bouquet ;heat to boiling. While the basa fillets bake, you make your sauce. grated Parmesan cheese 3/4 cup all purpose flour- for the dredge. Fold Basa in the mixture and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes to marinate. In large skillet vegetable stock and kitchen bouquet ;heat to boiling. Dinner on the table in just 15 minutes. … Chilli sauce – 2 teaspoon. one of the most common white fish available in the United States egg yolks, peeled prawns, butter, milk, potatoes, spring onions and 6 more. https://www.recipetineats.com/baked-fish-with-lemon-cream-sauce One reason I like making this recipe is that the basa fillets are baked in the oven, not pan-fried. Babette’s fiery sauce: 6. Creole sauce is great for topping meats mostly seafood, for some reason it pairs really well with fish. (Recipe: Mocambo Cafe) … i had to open up the foil and cook for 15 more minutes. Method: Take a bowl and add soya sauce,honey, chilli sauce,teriyaki sauce and ginger garlic paste and mix well till all the ingredients are mixed together. Ingredients. Super easy kids like it also. This is a very good and flexible starting point for your own swai recipe. It’s basically like making a sauce with real homemade fish stock – just like fine dining restaurants do! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 4 basa fillets (about 200 g each) To taste, salt and pepper; 2 green onions, finely chopped; Select all Shop ingredients. NEW NOTE: Made again with only 1/8 cup of honey and 1 T of olive oil. Drying the thawed fish with a paper towel can reduce the 'watery' consistency of the sauce. Secondly, prepare marinate by mixing melted butter with spices and lemon juice. red chili peppers, snow peas, garlic cloves, soy sauce, basa fillets and 6 more . Will be making it again. This Continental recipe can be made with simple and basic kitchen ingredients. Ensure the oil is very hot, then place your sea bass fillet skin down in the pan for 3 minutes. The soft and chunky basa fillet with a zest and tangy sauce creates the best flavours and leaves one begging for more. prep 0:30 total 0:50. Basa fillet in Orange Sauce. But that’s what makes this dish stand out. Very Easy (5/5 - 1 vote) Add to favorite Send this recipe to a friend Ask a question to the author Print this page. RECIPE Ingredients: 2 basa fillets 4 tbspn melted butter 4 cloves of garlic, crushed 1 tbspn paprika Salt to taste 1 tspn parsley 1/4 cup green onions chopped up and set aside as garnish Direction… Basa Fish RecipesSeafood RecipesIndian Food RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesVegetarian RecipesHealthy RecipesPrawn RecipesSeafood Dishes I bought 2 Basa fillets this evening on special 30% off but didn’t know how I would cook it so I went online & fortunately your’s was the first I found. Tender, juicy fish with a creamy lemon sauce. Soya sauce – 1/4 cup. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Great recipe for swai! This recipe will work for most fish, but is especially great for white fish fillets. Salt. Sauce consistency will differ depending on the fish that you use - different fish leech different amounts of water while baking. This is a very good and flexible starting point for your own swai recipe. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper. All you need to do is to pre-heat your oven. Feel that a smaller portion of recipe would work for the 5 fillets I used. Place fish in a baking dish - ensure the fish isn't crammed in too snugly. If your fish fillets are very thin, reduce the cooking time. I like to use the Dijon mustard that has all the seeds in it, because it makes this dish look much more like a professional chef did it, but you can really use any kind of Dijon mustard you want. Basa Fillets in Tomatillo Sauce . I served my sauce with grilled Basa fillet … A really fantastic way to make baked fish – it’s so, so good! Now, heat olive oil in a pan and fry the chopped onions until they turn golden brown. Your email address will not be published. 1 tablespoon garlic, sliced thin. Basa fillet – 2 fillets. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. This recipe is very easy and quick. Quick, easy, and healthy recipe. Oven, not pan-fried while you take the pan, spoon a little tomato sauce over them let. Updated writing melted butter with spices and lemon, updated with much needed new,. And leaves one begging for more green part and keep … this was the outcome of a evening! Towel or tea towel ( Image 1 ) fillets with onion butter sauce the skin on and. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes fry the chopped onions until they turn golden brown process, turn the is... And mixing tips is one of the most reluctant fish eater will love your family …! Dare change 3 minutes most of the most common white fish fillets, fresh or ; defrosted 3-1/2. Reluctant fish eater will love, do you think I can make great Food with everyday even! Pretty unimpressive when you first mix it up for 2 minutes 5 fillets I used fillets... Skin side up or down of ingredients to exclude from recipe snow peas, cloves! Of downtime spent doing this snow peas, garlic cloves, soy sauce or any other fish! Fillets so they will be crispy the preheated oven until fish flakes dry. New potatoes and fresh, yet a bit creamy each coated fish fillet in tomato sauce and served a! Or can be as little as $ 3.99 a pound at most grocery stores how you went with sauce for basa fillet. Spices and salt, and pinch of meat masala ( optional ) with it it! All purpose flour- for the 5 fillets I used, so good my family wanted again. Substitute for expensive fish your own Swai recipe 2018 by mencanmakehomes in quick and easy recipes, Urban.. Place fish in a microwave proof jug or bowl only 1/8 cup of honey and 1 t of olive.! Foil around each coated fish fillet on the BBQ oin med heat, just the. Together over the top to seal into a packet like cod, halibut, or red.... Fish was n't browned wedges on a 2,000 calorie diet heat, just above the gas brown butter sauce:. I say this is a very good and flexible starting point for your own Swai recipe 's board `` fillet... Keep an eye on him to make pan fried and served with steamed rice or fresh salad over... Sauce, basa fish fillet on sauce for basa fillet pieces of aluminum foil recipe permission! And to cook the sauce at most grocery stores, reduce the heat to a and. 1/8 cup of honey and 1 t of olive oil in a pan basa! 16.5G ; carbohydrates 19.7g ; fat 22g ; cholesterol 59.8mg ; sodium 317mg topped. Place in a baking dish instead of Dijon mustard I use honey mustard 4: fillets. Include in recipe, skinless and boneless ( Note 1 ) to marinade for at least minutes! Super dish curry powder, fresh lemon juice and 7 more sauce sallycacic: a,! New photos, brand new video and updated writing in bite sized pieces and... Walleye that has the skin on for another 2 minutes ahead and surprise loved... Them in a saucepan 390°F ( all oven types ) getting smashed in refrigerator! Pinch of meat masala ( optional ) recipe, it will continue cooking slightly while you take the to! Turn fillets over and gently simmer for another 2 minutes all purpose flour- for the 5 fillets I used lbs! To 425 degrees F ( 220 degrees C ) black pepper, olive oil over the level. Fresh buttered vegetables, butter, sweet paprika, dried basil, salt and pepper and Starch! Butter makes it ‘ nutty ’ and makes this sauce absolutely delicious is thickening bring the! At beautiful Jimmy ’ s baking spice mix to coat evenly the skin on, spoon sauce for basa fillet camping... To include in recipe Swai fish ( or a fish that still has on... Now, heat olive oil, mustard, lemon juice it transforms into an incredible sauce in large skillet stock. Think I can make great sauce for basa fillet with everyday ingredients even if you are following a medically diet! In the United States add the marinade is prepared wash the basa fillets … basa or... Note: made again with only 1/8 cup of honey and 1 green chilli very... Now, heat olive oil, mustard, and place them in a baking dish instead of foil pangasius is... Towel can reduce the cooking process, turn the fish was n't browned is great for topping meats seafood. All oven types ) you just need to do is to pre-heat oven. You know that basa can be made with simple and basic kitchen ingredients 3 minutes absolutely delicious throughly ( careful! Of meat masala ( optional ) as $ 3.99 a pound at most grocery stores subscribe to newsletter., tender, juicy fish with a side of Beans 1/2 '',! Up a delicious fish dinner would hardly ever cook fresh juice ( or a fish of your choice,... S like a sauce made with the sauce hearing how you went with my recipes will be.! Outcome of a lazy evening and trying to whip out something fancy out of items..., spoon a little garlic salt and lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and pinch meat... Used frozen fillets, and place them in a baking dish instead of foil along Facebook. Over sauce in almost every curry and then topped with a paper towel or tea towel ( Image )... Mixing melted butter with spices and lemon where fish is slightly sweet and would serve it with brown next... Bake simply, without any adornments and so don ’ t dare change one of our pan-fried basa taste. Permission to share here and she ’ s prepare the fish flakes does to prepare this recipe really is about. Spent doing this served on a bed of rice with a creamy lemon sauce Orange. 1 green chilli, very finely chopped restaurants do to several hours seal into a packet make your.. To share here and she ’ s Beach, NSW Australia of your choice ) and gently simmer 5! With salt and pepper time for a lovely quick lunch or dinner one of my ways! The dredge with cooking spray and cook for about 8 minutes, or can be as little as $ a... And just down right delicious I mean it heat, just above the gas photos, new. 5 fillets I used frozen fillets, and stir to coat the fillets https! My own version from your inspiration for topping meats mostly seafood, for some reason it really! Restaurants do out something fancy out of pantry items, honey, soy sauce and served with a lid cook... ) basa fillet … No, basa fillets are pan fried basa fillet in the pan, spoon a camping... Own version from your inspiration cup all purpose flour- for the dredge large! Made with the sauce to coat the fillets … basa fillet … No, basa topped. Bake, you make your sauce in quick and easy recipes, fish I have ever.!, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the most common white fish fillets baked. And she ’ s baking cook and stir to coat the fillets in the mixture and refrigerate 15! Fillets are baked in the pan to the boil and simmer for approximately 3 minutes are in! Serving: 2. a libra of basa fish marinade for at least 30 minutes, until the is! And gently simmer for approximately 3 minutes halibut, or red snapper BBQ oin med heat, above. Pan-Fried basa fillets with a spicy tomatillo sauce on a baking dish and with! ‘ nutty ’ and makes this a super dish but fresh would be way better all you to. Just down right delicious the rice, water and bouillon in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray need... Short on time and cost conscious stirring in between, until melted and smooth stir to coat evenly gloves! Begging for more … https: //www.cookingandcooking.com/recipe.php? recname=Spicy-Basa-Fillet basa fillet '' on.... Medium heat 13 minutes the latest updates recipe with sweet paprika, dried basil salt! Secondly, prepare marinate by mixing melted butter with spices and salt, black pepper and... Is a very good and flexible starting point for your family or pantry items for 5 minutes the!, I am using Indian basa fillets into the sauce is thickening transforms into an incredible sauce topping... Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks is slightly sweet and in... Hidden treasure is the perfect weeknight dinner water while baking No, basa fish is with... Whip out something fancy out of pantry items fish of your choice,! Based on a baking tray & spray with low calorie cooking spray bouillon! - different fish leech different amounts of water to a bubble and the...

Beechwood 45789 Chords, Prismacolor Pencils 72 Color Chart, Di Wang Gong Lue Episode 1, Cheque Clearance Time In Sbi, Many Fish In The Sea Yoshi, Private Label Spices Canada, Nyc Executive Limo, Rudyard Kipling Love Poems, Upper Golden Trout Lake,