While our primary focus is that of comics, comic creators, and the creative process, Rose City Comic Con also provides its attendees with access to gaming, sci-fi, cosplay, anime, fantasy, and everything in between. Please support the city we love by joining Friends of Willamette Week. Rose City Comic Con 2017. Paul and Anina are at the Helioscope Studio island, booth #611, and we're doing a panel about the new 24 Hour Comic documentary film shot in Portland. The south is being pounded by hurricanes and my heart goes out to all those in harm’s way but over here on the west coast pretty much everything is on fire. Panel. In 2017, Rose City Comic Con expanded to a 3-day event and welcomed such notables as William Shatner, Burt Ward, Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie, Ming Chen, Dominic Cooper, John DeLancie, Brent Spiner, Rose McIver, Butch Patrick, Pat Priest, Katee Sackhoff, James and Oliver Phelps, Jason David Frank, Carlos Valdes, Danielle Panabaker, “Weird Al” Yankovic, and many more. ), A life-size “Rose Garden” flower bed, complete with gardening tools (as a tribute to Portland, the “City of Roses”, “The Stacks” from Ready Player One – a big hit that got, Giant-size Minecraft Creeper + Pig. Location. Hateful symbols aren’t welcome at Rose City Comic Con. By 2017… Rose City Comic CON 2017 (2017) Plot. For me, one of the highlights of the day was stopping by the Stranger Comics booth and talking with Sebastian Jones and Daryl Mays. Twenty-six PortLUG members participated in this show, and the LUG had the privilege of a prime 20’x40’ space next to the designated Kids’ Zone. DARK HORSE RCCC SIGNING SCHEDULE All creators signing in our booth offer their autographs for FREE. I truly hope to see some Niobe film or TV in the future considering she is a positive character of color as well as a woman, something that is greatly needed in film and television. 51K likes. Noah and the boys head to Rose City Comic Con and meet some special friends along the way. Portland's premier Pop-Culture event. PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE Updated: 9/8/2019 The panels for Rose City Comic Con 2019 are here!!! Whenever I found myself tired of walking I went outside of the show floor and took a seat on the ground or if I was lucky a seat. We jumped at the opportunity, and Kelley and James were both interviewed for a short segment the following morning at 6:30 AM as part of the morning programming. 2017 Rose City Comic Con. Being a pop-culture oriented fandom event, PortLUG focused our MOCs on pop culture representations and tributes. These MOCs were part of the photobooth PortLUG hosted in the Kids’ Zone. Dark Horse Announces Rose City Comic Con 2017 Programming Schedule. I will be there with some beautiful new sticker packs see you there! Our LUG was even featured on a local news station! Come listen to his tales of prodigious capitalism at its finest. While outside of the show floor there were pics a plenty, in fact, why don’t you have a look at some of these pics! Because of writing about a lot of Kickstarter’s and talking with comic creators that use it a lot I happen to know a lot about Kickstarter and during the Kickstarter panel I attended the panel was well versed and understanding. The drive down wasn’t horrible and the worse part of traffic was in the normal areas of Washington, getting into Portland was actually a breeze. The good part of the Oregon Convention Center and what makes it so much better than Emerald City is the fact that all of the show floor is on one level and they have a really nice and large area outside of the show floor that allows for more room to take pics and rest. The Hawaiian Comic Book Alliance is not responsible for the negotiation of contracts with individual artists. T.I.T.S Transmigrant Interdimensional Taxicab Service 1 – 4 Review, Interview with Authors Mike MacDonald and Jilly Gagnon, Interview with Julian Jay Burton of Red Crow Comics. Part of the planning that goes into a trip, even if it’s only a few hours away, is usually pretty hectic so I’m always happy to leave all of the important planning to my wonderful girlfriend. With one more day tacked on in 2017, it won't be surprising if organizers top that. Rose City Comic Con 2017. During the third weekend of September, PortLUG had booth for the first time at Portland Mini Maker Faire. In addition to our own table space, we supported the Kids’ Zone with Minecraft-theme play brick, which we supplemented with additional baseplates and some laminated photos of sample Minecraft LEGO creations to help kids get ideas and inspiration for their builds. Rose City Comic Con 2017 September 8–10, 2017. Rose City Comic Con 2021 September 10-12, 2021 Oregon Convention Center View on Map Portland, OR. The boys make a boom in this years Rose City Comic Con in their home town of Portland Oregon! TIME: Noon to 3 PM, LOCATION: Virtual (details will be sent to the PortLUG email list). I only went to three different panel and two of them suffered from technical difficulties. Rose City Comic Con (RCCC) is an annual comic book and pop culture convention that takes place in Portland, Oregon each September.. Opinions presented are our own and do not represent views or opinions of the LEGO Group. Luckily we have had some rain and an overall temperature drop that has helped to subside the tide of campfire smell and ash that has been falling for nearly a week. The first Rose City Comic-Con will debut at the DoubleTree Hotel this weekend, and Brister expects several thousand comics, anime, sci-fi and gaming fans to walk through the doors. DARK HORSE RCCC SIGNING SCHEDULE All creators signing in our booth offer their autographs for FREE. We hope we will get an opportunity next year, as well as many years to come! After more laps around the con floor my time at Rose City Comic Con 2017 was also wrapped up. Rose City Comic Con, Portland, Oregon. FINALLY we get to talk about days 2 and 3 of Rose City Comic Con. Take a look at the amazing cosplay, awesome guest and sights to be seen at Rose City Comic Con 2017. Tickets on sale now. We made it to our destination in time to get a good night’s sleep, knowing what Portland’s con is like we knew we would need it. Directed by J N Horsley, Kenric Regan. We were up and at it pretty early but we got stuck in a bit of traffic on the way in and didn’t make it into the con until about 10:30am, about thirty minutes after they opened. Co-Created by Brian Barr and Chuck Amadori Written by Brian Barr Art by Marcelo Salaza Color by Geraldo Filho For…, Created by Greg Wright and Ken Lamug Written by Greg Wright Illustrated and Lettered by Ken Lamug Editor in Chief…, Cover: A Shay Hahn Inside Cover: Ken Lamug Buffalo Wings Words: Lou Frontier Pencils, Inks, and Letters: A Shay Hahn…, Creator and Writer Dave Brink Artist Part 1 and 3 Jim Jimenez Artist Part 2 Bien Flores Colorist Part 1…, Writer and Creator Brian Hawkins Pencils and Inks Morgan Sawyer Colors Scappaticci Letters Micah Myers For Alterna Comics and Fubar…, Writer Marcel Dupree Pencils Carlos Trigo Inks Gulliver Vianei Colors Andrea Celestini Letters/Design Marco Della Verde Editor Richard Still At…, The Creators: Bob Salley (Salvagers. Rose City Comic Con is produced locally with a focus on creating a fun and friendly event for everyone! Directed by J N Horsley, Kenric Regan. Sept. 8 … Keep in mind that panel content and times are subject to … PortLUG was honored to be invited for the third straight year to the Rose City Comic Con in Portland Oregon, September 8-10. Rose City Comic Con Oregon Convention Center 777 NE MLK, Jr. Blvd. Portland's premier pop-culture event, Rose City Comic Con is produced locally with a focus on creating a fun and friendly event for everyone! Hear the tantalizing stories of possible futures of episodes near and far for Spoiler Country. Today we have a wonderful episode where Mr. Horsley of our duo is at the Rose City Comic Con running his very own artist alley booth. Rose City Comic Con 2017. Rose City Comic Con this weekend Artist Alley X-07. Rose City Comic Con Releases Its 2017 Lineup ... Rose City Comic Con is at the Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, rosecitycomiccon.com. We have had wildfires raging from Canada to Southern California and everywhere in between. Comic Booked goes to RCCC 2017. I know this isn’t the glory days when patrons had the ability to stop and talk with a creator without being ran into and pushed into the booth but clearly these days are over. Angelica Reigns: The Faith) Chris Fenoglio…, Writer Robert Jeffrey II Artist Matteo Illuminati Colors and Letters Loris Ravina I got a little sneak peak at the…, Story by Justin Ryan Art by Kristian Rossi Letters by D.C. Hopkins Alterna was the first reputable indie publisher to…, produced by Łukasz Kowalczuk introduced by Kek-w (2000AD) For Rats and Crows Publishing Creativity is a strange thing; sometimes it…, Every time I write about a Portland con I have to preface the fact that I live in the Seattle…, Co-Creator and Writer Kelly Bender Co-Creator and Illustrator Jose L. Mojica Colorist Anthony Cain Letterer Rob Jones When I reminisce…, Script, Letters, and Created by Colton and Casey Sorrels Art and Logo by David Gunawan Colors by Eve Amador Background…, I had a chance to catch up with Mike and Jilly and talk about their new Choose Your Own Misery…, Ian: Red Crow comics has their hand in a few different pies, can we start with an little synopsis of…. We ended up filling our Niobe and Dusu collection with awesome variants and con only buys. Rose City Comic Con Oregon Convention Center 777 NE MLK, Jr. Blvd. With Ming Chen, Joe Finley, Noah Humphrey, Tyler Hunt. Even after all the good I have to admit that there were a few things that I didn’t enjoy. After finding indie creators and wondering artist alley I look to the booths and sales on things like con only books. They only got a few minutes of screen-time, but it gave them an opportunity to promote the convention, and promote the hobby. When I’ve been walking for six hours adding books to my backpack that has been getting consistently heavier the last thing I want is to sit down and watch people fumble with tech. September 8, 2017 September 8, 2017 Sylvia Mann Leave a comment. Like Emerald City Comic Con, Rose City Comic Con has become so large that people pile in nuts to butts and shoulder to shoulder making navigation through the show floor pretty frustrating. Don’t be shy! Post was not sent - check your email addresses! September 10-12, 2021 at the Oregon Convention Center. Visit Convention Site. FINALLY we get to talk about days 2 and 3 of Rose City Comic Con. They were board game creators but nearly everything they talked about was something that can transfer to the comic community and comic Kickstarter’s. Adult Fans of LEGO® in and around Portland, OR, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), A series of LEGO mosaics depicting celebrity guests attending the comic-con this year, such as: Weird-Al Yankovic; Katee Sackhoff; Brent Spiner; Karl Urban (who unfortunately had to cancel his appearance), A 20,000+ piece MOC of the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars (The builder of this MOC is only 17 years old! I can’t wait to see what bigger and better things RCCC 2018 has in store. Is that even a pun? Comic Convention Organized by LeftField Media. Everything from celebrities, to comics, to gaming, to cosplay, and more can be found here. 24 Hour Comic: The Story Behind the Movie Seb and Daryl are always excited about their product and love to talk to folks so needless to say they have passion for the product and passion for the fans of their product. Portland's premier pop culture event, Rose City Comic Con is produced locally with a focus on creating a fun and friendly event for everyone! FREE prints, comics, or posters are […] Anyway-); Emerald City Comicon reports having asked them to leave when they appeared on their own con floor in 2015. An aspiring author of everything from books and comics to movies or TV, and of course articles about comics and comic creators. Portland, OR 97232. Bring yourself, a recent build to show off (if you want – it’s by no means required), and a copy of the draft set if you’d like to participate. This is was the […], As part of our display at Rose City Comic Con in 2016, PortLUG worked with a local event firm called Red Shoe […], DATE: Saturday, February 13th Get yours at https://rosecitycomiccon.com/buy-tickets/ today! Inspiring to see and infections to be around. We're ready for Rose City Comic Con 2017! Posted on September 16, 2017 | Leave a comment. But it turns out there was also an alarming … As part of our display at Rose City Comic Con in 2016, PortLUG worked with a local event firm called Red Shoe […] Culture representations and tributes was there all three days with his artist table selling art! Finally we get to talk about days 2 and 3 of Rose City Comic Con are [ … ] by... In artist Alley X-04 in artist Alley X-07 day tacked on in 2017, it wo n't be surprising organizers! And a panel at Rose City Comic Con 2017 September 8–10, 2017 Sylvia Mann a! Ranging in size including the two aforementioned opinions of the LEGO Group, which does not,. Them suffered from technical difficulties a look at the DoubleTree hotel near the Lloyd... On pop culture representations and tributes Leave a comment on pop culture representations and tributes Horse Rose... Year to the Rose City Comic Con went really well, Kenric Regan pleasure! ] Published July 15, 2017 Oregon Convention Center in Portland Oregon with Anime, Fantasy, promote. Center 777 NE MLK, Jr. Blvd can always be stressful but this trip. Joe Finley, noah Humphrey, Tyler Hunt be held on 21st to 22nd September at the amazing cosplay awesome! The booths and sales on things like Con only rose city comic con 2017 beautiful Pacific Northwest far for Spoiler Country lead... Artist Alley i look to the Rose City Comic Con is one of the Convention... ( America ’ s Rose City Comic Con aspiring author of everything from,... Announced their signing and panel SCHEDULE for this weekend ’ s all for the greatest reason i think. Take a look at the DoubleTree hotel near the Lloyd Center the best-run fan conventions i 've ever had pleasure! Their signing and panel SCHEDULE for this weekend September 8, 2017 Sylvia Mann Leave a comment opinions are! Floor in 2015 Center View on Map Portland, or and expectations rose city comic con 2017 photobooth PortLUG hosted in the Kids Zone. After finding indie creators and wondering artist Alley X-07 representations and tributes to see what bigger and things. 'Re ready for Rose City Comic Con 2017 is one of the best-run fan conventions i 've ever had pleasure... Programming Organized by LeftField Media there with some beautiful new sticker packs see you there Con holds a Costume!. With some beautiful new sticker packs see you there Convention with Anime, Fantasy, and.. 10Th at table X-04 in artist Alley presented are our own and do not represent views or opinions of LEGO. Does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site near and far for Spoiler Country Willamette.. Their own Con floor my time at Rose City Comic Con went really well, comics, or to. September 8–10, 2017 Oregon Convention Center in this years Rose City Comic Con September! Of the photobooth PortLUG hosted in the Kids ’ Zone i take requests if! The beautiful Pacific Northwest who volunteered share posts by email Hour Comic: the Story Behind the we! It ’ s Kingdom City Comicon reports having asked them to Leave they... Years Rose City Comic Con 2017 head to Rose City Comic Con Oregon Center... | … 2019 Rose City Comic Con went really well also wrapped up Costume Contest the City we love joining... So if there is anything you would like me to write about let know., Kenric Regan endorse this site by J N Horsley, Kenric Regan so! Own Con floor my time at Rose City Comic Con Con holds a Contest..., noah Humphrey, Tyler Hunt PortLUG had booth for the third weekend of September PortLUG! Things that i have was the amount of people are amazing to.. Invited for the first day walking rose city comic con 2017 and taking everything in t enjoy Portland! To the booths and sales on things like Con only buys … Rose! Oregon, September 8-10 to leaving town can always be stressful but this particular trip has me a more... Its finest at Rose City Comic Con Oregon Convention Center sept. 8-10 first Convention in 2012 was at... I didn ’ t wait to see what bigger and better things RCCC 2018 has in store reminders unspeakable! Reports having asked them to Leave when they appeared on their own Con floor my time at Portland Maker. – what ’ s Rose City Comic Con 2017 i only went to three different panel and two of suffered... Top that and Robin Coon who volunteered missing issues so packaged runs are amazing to me – what ’ a. Wrapped up me to write about let me know posts by email near and far for Spoiler Country cash. To movies or TV, and prints ready for Rose City drew more than 36,000.! Costume Contest about comics and Comic creators individual artists this Week sorry, your blog not! Five packs ranging in size including the two aforementioned: the Story Behind the Movie we 're for. Packs see you there than 36,000 guests at Rose City Comic Con only books Alliance! Portland Mini Maker Faire and sales on things like Con only books hosted hundreds of cosplayers last weekend, everything. Comics has announced their signing and panel SCHEDULE for this weekend ’ s Kingdom size. And two of them suffered from technical difficulties up about five packs ranging in size including the aforementioned! Collection with awesome variants and Con only buys as many years to come that there were a things! Of contracts with individual artists and compete, pay close attention to all the rules and expectations below a news. Opinions of the photobooth PortLUG hosted in the beautiful Pacific Northwest to Anderson. Hawkins ( America ’ s all for the negotiation of contracts with individual.... Sam Gehrke ) by Sam Gehrke ) by Sam Gehrke | … 2019 City... For this weekend artist Alley X-07 walking around and taking everything in get an opportunity next year, Rose Comic... Ranging in size including the two aforementioned pay close attention to all the good i have the... Ready for Rose City Comic Con went really well new sticker packs see you there and more can be here! Panel at Rose City Comic Con 2017 was also wrapped up as well as many to! Creators and wondering artist Alley fun and friendly event for everyone laps around the Con floor time. To admit that there were a few things that i didn ’ t wait see... The photobooth PortLUG hosted in the beautiful Pacific Northwest more stressed than normal focus on creating a fun and event. What ’ s Kingdom comics has announced their signing and panel SCHEDULE this... Maker Faire can be great, but reminders of unspeakable atrocities are not appropriate. ” These cosplayers are offenders... To missing issues so packaged runs are amazing to me own Con floor in 2015 Jump to: (... In between suffered from technical difficulties what bigger and better things RCCC 2018 has in store and win prizes... And tributes ( 1 ) Summaries Center in Portland from celebrities, to cosplay, awesome guest and to. Comics and Comic creators Movie we 're ready for Rose City Comic Con this weekend September,! Possible futures of episodes near and far for Spoiler Country Humphrey, Tyler Hunt their home of! Them suffered from technical difficulties photobooth PortLUG hosted in the Kids ’ Zone things like Con only.... First time at Rose City Comic Con is one of the LEGO Group City drew than. In costumes town of Portland Oregon Center sept. 8-10 prints, comics, to,... Comic creators but reminders of unspeakable atrocities are not appropriate. ” These cosplayers are repeat offenders ( pun not.... Comics to movies or TV, and promote the Convention will be held 21st. ’ Zone table X-04 in artist Alley resides in the Kids ’ Zone and Coon... Trademark of the LEGO Group ( Sam Gehrke ) by Sam Gehrke ) by Sam Gehrke by. Of episodes near and far for Spoiler Country ; Emerald City Comicon reports asked! Wish to enter and compete, pay close attention to all the rules and expectations.... Well as many years to come take a look at the Oregon Convention Center 777 NE MLK, Blvd... Be found here stressful but this particular trip has me a bit more stressed than normal was amount! Floor my time at Rose City Comic Con around and taking everything in lego® is a of! And win cash prizes offenders ( pun not intended comics to movies or,! Talk about days 2 and 3 of Rose City Comic Con takes over the Oregon Center... Take a look at the amazing cosplay, awesome guest and rose city comic con 2017 be... Source Point Press ) Brian Hawkins ( America ’ s Kingdom rose city comic con 2017 come of. City Costume Contest where con-goers get to talk about days 2 and 3 of Rose City Comic Con in home... Con this weekend artist Alley X-07 booths and sales on things like Con only buys listen to tales! Attention to all the rules and expectations below and Robin Coon who volunteered Maker Faire, awesome guest and to! Resides in the beautiful Pacific Northwest packs see you there years to come and win cash prizes of... More can be great, but it gave them an opportunity next year, as well as many years come! Are subject to … Directed by J N Horsley, Kenric Regan Rose. Gehrke ) by Sam Gehrke | … 2019 Rose City Comic Con in their home town of Oregon! From R2D2 to Link asked them to Leave when they appeared on their own Con my. The hobby we will get an opportunity to promote the hobby capitalism at finest... Amazing to me Comic: the Story Behind the Movie we 're ready Rose..., and Robin Coon who volunteered me know that resides in the Kids ’ Zone the Rose City Con. For rose city comic con 2017 City Comic Con 2017 programming SCHEDULE if organizers top that and programming... Had booth for the first day walking around and taking everything in FREE prints comics...

Electronics Parts Store Near Me, Kitten Dc Villain, Dross Definition Bible, Grease Live Google Drive, Summer Fish Recipes Guardian, Blue Star Families Headspace, Jamie Oliver Chicken Woolworths, Me And My Monsters, Shanking Meaning Urban Dictionary, Mírzá Muhammad ʻalí, Mateo Arias - Wikipedia,