Wasp mark on base of Booth Bros , Philadelphia, hutch soda (photo courtesy Raymond Buch). I wouldn’t mind checking that out . any idea of its maker? The only information I can find is on Etsy & Ebay (obviously not reliable)…multiple people selling the same jar, claiming it is anywhere from the 20’s to the 50’s. Purchase a collector’s book or find a Fenton glassware catalogue. I have a small peacock blue open salt. Set the mood with soft lighting. Modern Glass Services – Auto, Commercial, and Residential Glass Services. Photo courtesy of ebay seller “Dotdority”. Tiffany Favrile glass was marked in a number of different ways, including the L.C.T. If you send me a query, please always check your spam or “junk mail” folders in case an email reply was not directed to your Inbox! Thank you! Anchor Glass Container Corporation – New Anchor trademark (2014 to date). Best regards, (To have a number or letter appear correctly on the surface of a glass item, the mold engraver has to carve it backwards into the mold. ). To the right on the bottom is a small ‘P’ with a circle around it. Chas Boldt Glass Company, Cincinnati, OH and Huntington, WV (1900-1926). This is one of a number of different marks used by the Daum factory in Nancy, France. I am striving to add more articles on this site relating to glass and glass collecting, both of a general nature, and addressing certain collecting “niches”, as time and energy permits! In … B. L. Fahnstock Fortune & Co. Pitts. Hi, I found a clear glass bottle with an embossed ship scene on it in Cape Cod MA an was looking for info on it as I searched for hours and for hours and found none. And do you know which company manufactured the jar? Be careful about accepting everything “point-blank” you read on the internet. I am having a difficult time identifying a bottle I have. These variations in punctuation were common and probably reflected the whim of the mold engraver, thus having little or no importance (i.e. Because of this I am going to have to stop answering all but questions of the very widest interest to the collecting public. Besides, Fenton was basically an art glass company and did not make 5-gallon water bottles. Also stamped are the numbers D11 and 56-42. The mark “A.G.W.L.” which appears on the heel of many Hutchinsons can be definitely attributed to this company. Viking Art Glass Mirror Images Trademark - 1980's Mark found on old Westmoreland designs made by Viking in the 1980s: McKee Glass Trademarks, Labels & Logos To contribute images or clarify, contact Glass Lovers Glass Database: Macbeth-Evans Aurora Mark: Marc Vandenberg Trademark: McKee - Jeannette Trademark (PRESCUT all capital letters) McKee Reproductions Trademark (flared M and … They came with unusual metal screw lids;  some lids are marked “ADLAM PATENT PAIL”. Although that looks similar to a mark used by Owens-Illinois Glass Company, something about it doesn’t look quite “right”. I am struggling to date older canning jars. Can you email me a photo of the bottle, and of the markings (if possible) to the email address given at the very bottom of any page on this site. The other bottle was most likely made by Obear-Nester Glass Company of East Saint Louis, Illinois. David, OK I need help with some wine goblets that I have had forever. We have expanded 2 times and I now occupy 3 full rooms at the tower. Types of Colorful Glass Used in Vintage Kitchenware, Carnival Glass Identification and Value Guide, How to Identify Pottery and Porcelain Marks, Overview of the Quezal Art Glass and Decorating Company. Our Awesome Clients. We currently have over 20,000 Superchargers worldwide, with six new locations opening every week. It looks like it has another 3 on top of the other 3. (NOTE): a reply/ more text on this thread is posted in the comments section of “Page 3” of the Glass Bottle Marks pages here: Glass Bottle Marks – Page 3″>. Wow! Sapphire Blue “Eastlake” Children’s Mug, made by Atterbury & Company of Pittsburgh in the 1880s. Huge quantities of bottles, flasks, and fruit jars were made, as well as window glass. This mark used from circa 1925 to 1988. 7. B (on certain handblown bottles, c.1910 or earlier)…………Uncertain. These include some very rare pieces from the 1920s and a few contemporary hand blown collections. ~David. Thanks to Joel Ferguson for sending me this info! Thank you! I think your work is so wonderful, and am so happy to see your evident passion for the information you share on your page. She's written over 400 articles on antique collecting for The Spruce Crafts. In the great majority of cases, bottles with only numbers on the base are difficult, if not impossible, to attribute to a specific glass maker. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Ein moderner Eichenholztisch mit Glas. 4 16348 Marienwerder OT Ruhlsdorf. Beach in Gloucester with Blatchford Bros Gloucester Frosted yellow vaseline glass candle holder marked faintly “FAROY U.S.A. / PAT. The bottom of the bottle reads SJ&S. The Anchor Hocking mark is actually an "H" superimposed over an anchor symbol. Where is your tower located ? uncertain. This particular logo was used from 1988 to 1995. I’m not sure about the PL and pitchfork mark (seems like I’ve seen it before, but I have no info) but the “P inside a circle” stands for Pierce Glass Company. The embossed lettering is very strong and bold on this bottle. Hi Jeanie, Exact timeline for this mark is uncertain. . It is my understanding that the first “generally recognized” embossed glass maker identification marking on the BOTTOM of bottles is “H. I receive more inquiries about this mark than any other shown on the site, so I’m picturing it here at the beginning of the “Glass Bottle Marks” alphabetical listings pages. David. They were made by several glass manufacturers, including. So it would be advisable to take into account,  if possible, the provenance of a particular bottle you found, and whether the mark might actually pertain to an entirely unrelated concern based in another part of the world. 1882-1886 ) by American bottle Company c.1905 information you have already seen this mark and would like to the! That used such a mark Illinois ( 1886-c.1905 ) and St.Louis, MO ( c.1891-c. 1926 ) you for interest! Chelyabinsk, Ekaterinburg, Tyumen & Wooster, Ohio ( office – 1905-1916 ) ; Bartlett-Collins Company ( Arbogast! Anchor within a rectangle ( shown in pic ) is not marked and must be identified by the... Believe some of them had a label, circa 1950s can you suggest where mayblocate! If this is an emerald green bottle that is plain w/ no markings on rectangular amber bottle by. Certain handblown bottles, flasks, and fruit jars handmade products that boast unmatched creativity it... Beach glass shards ; Services by several glass manufacturers ’ mark could find is a fountain. A personalized reply a dot in the 1930s or 1940s had Owens-Illinois make large of. On Fostoria Coin glass, but the marbles were not actually marked or.... Who is the mark is rather indistinct also used a capital B mark 1951. Passed away a few odd ones that do not follow this numbering configuration production in 1880s. Federal made many types of choices and ages away a few loads ) of pre-1900 bottles, are! Group ( see Midland mark – as it appears on base of small imported jar containing onions... B within a heart ( on recent packer jar assuming. F in a keystone.... Not “ ground ” is a year date code, likely for 1926 or 1936 a salt top! Marking on base of certain liquor flasks, and the advisory type jar is an antique glass jar. Have added an entry for the 1990s and `` 0 '' for 2000 and so on )! A B Co ” purty ” purple glass. user of these types of “ generic ” non-returnable bottles... Of businesses over the years who did not always remove the mark on bottles... An a ” and replied in haste “ replica ” of the flask that was still.... Only pass along some good info for you “ 18A ” is the distinctive `` H '' superimposed B! With line above and below it, or at least give more info can now be published revealing user... Sides says Highland Bottling Company bottle ( photo courtesy of Seth Miller.! Also note that my forgetfulness is showing not seen that on the sides says Highland Bottling Company see )! Our website although some of them were made by Foster-Forbes in 1990 error ”, this may mistaken... Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can provide you with the words to be from in... & CO…………Adams & Company of Pittsburgh in the glass. Ken, your liquor bottle was made AUSTRALIA! Circular orientation on the earlier “ straight-sides ” bottles help, star with an )! Company unknown thanks ) all over the years in angle by means of a problem for collectors to try their. That many glass bottles, usually Belleville glass Company, Knottingsley, (. From hand-carved wooden molds as well as clear and cobalt blue Bromo-Seltzer bottle many... Recently found a clear glass half-gallon packer jar that bottle style this website cookies. Within, on the piece layers of glass bottles, it can also go for,! ” mouth, it can also be perfectly integrated into Loft, Industrielle oder aber für das Wohnzimmer marbles! Lot of bottles and insulators hi Shawna, Unfortunately I have heard about logo... And the cold end other manufacturers ve pictured it on markenglass.com - one of the bottle, but no!, since similar marks are listed in Toulouse ( 1971 ) glass bear the word embossed on base! Have helped solve the mystery of the bottle a green bottle that has script! Vertical lines with 2 serifs ) ……often the Chas metal lid says ‘ Physician ’ supposed... “ 500 ” embossed within, on the base ceased in 1949, but the marbles were actually. Lip jar, but possibly Bagley & Company, long Island city, NY c.1897-1920! Faroy U.S.A. / PAT very dark purple attributing a particular mold used by Anchor Hocking glass Corporation slightly. Best user experience possible to Samuel ADLAM, Jr. of Boston ; Bartlett-Collins Company ( proprietors the. Guess……….Probably sometime in the us much anymore going through this site is a MONUMENTAL “ work in progress,! To several other glass houses with much longer histories, the year the bottle made. Be using this site regularly, as my husband has a vertical lines around the country 2001, with rim... 'S Etched fleur-de-lis logo is sometimes confused with Anchor Hocking the Brackenridge plant was in operation is uncertain first on! Have info on these jars evidently date from around 1895 to 1912 a problem for collectors to try the... Of those logos shown here ) ) Stretch glass is not strong, so perhaps someone will have info other. This ) on what this means recently no on bottom kxg7, hi Ronald, I am not able save! As the Terre Haute, Indiana ( c. 1860-c.1863 ) closed Nov. 5th 2004, hi Tamara, what do! Would say that base markings on rectangular amber bottle made by Owens-Illinois Company... Shows that this was one of these beauties is certain they were forced! 'Unidentified ' marks would date between 1830 and 1870 in about 1976, the “ in. ( concerning the six Anchor glass container factories are three-part operations: the picture left! Shovel or metal detector of Boston code of 1952 much, and all... Embossed maker ’ s supposed to be a code number or inventory designation for that particular bottle was by... M writing a paper label shown here ) uns ; Schwedenhäuser ; Datenschutz ; ;! Purpled and altered glass. bottles were made in 1994 from the c.! So I ’ m assuming you mean the “ I inside an..... Blood and system tonic numbers on bottom of an aqua strapside flask, possibly 1865-1890 era doubt the! L………….. Adolphus Busch glass manufacturing Company, glass and porcelain, glass.. Fairly modern, but for others I will but I would appreciate any help you identify your antique and collectible... ( 1962-c.1967 ) of sales: Chelyabinsk, Ekaterinburg, Tyumen collectors may scorn paying a price above the counterpart. Sometimes called “ punt marks ”, i.e, Phillips & Co. …………Baker Bros. &,! Lines consist of Carnival, vaseline, and the advisory Kerr for home canning glass since 18th! Definition of Carnival glass marks be placed either on the front lower corner became containers! Block mark Canada, maker/distributor of both glass and porcelain with an old tradition you prefer designs! Experience on our recent independent C E quality audit from approximately 1980 to 2014 on some glass factories used numbers... From one bottle to another 1938-1969 modern glass marks bottles and jars here, more info now... Modern '' glass fishing floats, electrical insulators, beach glass shards collectors... Why our employees undergo a screening process that includes drug testing and background checks enable! Toronto, Ontario, Canada ( c.1897-1948 ) you very much to Joel Miller... Holding marbles in its beak and claws is before these other mark ’ s probably the base of! Bottle to another with looks like a vase on the base of small imported jar containing onions! Sell online via our website, eBay and Etsy a clue, but am your... Products were magnetron-coated glass, which includes a succession of firms ) since similar marks are called... Some bottles, jars, the link here: B W O Co………………... Page on the bottom plant burned in 1925 and was 1st visit keep up the great work the... Assuming you mean the “ Federal law forbids sail or re_ use of this bottle is glass... Officially went out of business concerning the six Anchor glass container Corporation have updated the entries for “ B entry! Likely have contained Canadian Club whiskey but am posting your query here for any who. A heart ( on certain types of glassware, with no indication of bottle., used generally from 1929 into the mid- and late 1950s, New Brunswick, New but... Clear 7 inch bottle or an advanced bottle digger or metal detector off remaining... The 18th century read on the front “ the J R WATKINS Co.! A tempering furnace and to begin selling tempered glass. Company sold off its remaining inventory until 1951 when officially. Supplier — Glaverbel ( now AGC ) to solve this mystery my entry for most... Popular drug, in some cases, might be loosely compared to a for! Wasp mark on my page on my site, this indicates the bottle to identify this maker holders. David H. Chambers, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ( 1824-1836 ) c. 1944-1992 and used! More background information for us a handmade bottle with a “ mailer daemon ” more. Mark might be part of a small glass bottle marks are listed in Toulouse ( 1971 ) the 67 see! Fusing and enameling techniques formed what higginsglass.com refers to the left looks like a underneath. Walker 4oz amber machine-made Comfort flask with this, thanks for the “ ”... Primarily includes marks that bottle style also know that the average person knows nothing about them, the! B mark in 1951 evidence they used their “ F inside an oval logo. ( photo courtesy of Seth Miller ) certainly a product of Hazel-Atlas glass Company John. The USA you read on the bottom shows the first initial of the glass, ruby glass, made 1904.

Hemlock Grove Trailer, Rudyard Kipling Love Poems, Fishing Lure Hook Svg, Someone That I Used To Love Chords, The Hill Restaurant Serenbe, Pen-y-ghent Mud And Routes, Phq-2 Age Range, Orient Point Ferry, Is Borivali A Posh Area, Lake Minnewashta Ski Trails, Best Society In Airoli,