Split up overly long sentences. Damian went to the gym, where Darian spent most of his time. Those are only some of the most significant factors contributing to hunger in the world today. It was a barracks for the Guardians, most of whom greeted her with a quiet good day, ikira as she passed. That is because they seem so far out of the daily experience of most people that they cannot conceive of how or why they would use them. In this case, 'that' was used as a relative pronoun as a complement. 52. All of these are sorely lacking in areas where hunger is most prevalent. 3. Nicholas suddenly felt a desire and need to tell his most intimate thoughts (which he would not have told to his mother, his sister, or his friend) to this woman who was almost a stranger. cried Natasha, who now thought she too remembered the word pink being used, and saw in this the most extraordinary and mysterious part of the prediction. Sasha and Levi are two of my most trusted advisors. Knowing the most powerful creature – one the Dark One himself exiled at one point for his ruthlessness – had taken over Hell was another matter entirely. Both the brothers were out. Quinn, who remained silent most of the morning, showed increased interest. I visited dear Tamer and spent most of the day with him and his records. she ma boo'a).] The unbrushed tufts of hair sticking up behind and the hastily brushed hair on his temples expressed this most eloquently. Most nights, she wasn't enough to settle his restless blood. Menu. He's gone most of the time, but he doesn't have a job? Consider the pan you most often cook in today. click for more sentences of for the most … It definitely wasn't because he was the most patient of the three brothers. Most of the time I'm at the pool or resting in the air conditioned house. This might be the most difficult decision she would ever make. She closed them but did not kiss them, but clung to that which reminded her most nearly of him--his body. Dictionary ! In fact, the thing she found most attractive about Brandon was his smile. All this was vivid, majestic, and unexpected; but what impressed Pierre most of all was the view of the battlefield itself, of Borodino and the hollows on both sides of the Kolocha. Most of our cases proved to be runaways or missing persons and our limitations due to non-specific known time or age of the event continued to plague us. War is not courtesy but the most horrible thing in life; and we ought to understand that and not play at war. The conversation turned on the contemporary gossip about those in power, in which most people see the chief interest of home politics. But Dorothy sprang up and ran to seize her friend's hand drawing him impulsively toward the lovely Princess, who smiled most graciously upon her guest. Lanskoy informed the commander-in-chief that the army supplies were for the most part stored along the Oka in the Tula and Ryazan provinces, and that if they retreated on Nizhni the army would be separated from its supplies by the broad river Oka, which cannot be crossed early in winter. I, for my part, begged him personally most urgently and finally wrote him, but nothing would induce him to consent. In most parts of the world, women are no longer legally regarded as chattel. The off-the-shoulder style with its white lace made the most of her newly acquired tan, and the shiny black belt and full skirt made her waist look small. He hadn't said a word most of the day, taking in Dusty's world with fascination. The paparazzi relied on serendipity to figure out which hotel entrance the celebrity would use. "The prize shall go to the man who deserves it most," he said. There may be other examples, where it can mean "extremely" as in the following:"it was most kind of you", "that is most probably correct". To the third party--in which the Emperor had most confidence--belonged the courtiers who tried to arrange compromises between the other two. 5. This something was a most subtle spiritual deduction from a conversation with Karataev the day before. How to Use "Most" with Example Sentences. " Alluring brooks of crystal water flowed sparkling between their flower-strewn banks, while scattered over the valley were dozens of the quaintest and most picturesque cottages our travelers had ever beheld. Of course, politics being what it is, the Peace Dividend was spent a dozen times over by as many special interests who felt they were the most deserving of such an unexpected largess. Her eyes snapped closed, her last vision that of the most striking man she'd ever seen. : The few statistical studies we have seen or heard of indicate that you are likely to use the active voice most of the time anyway. So according to history it has been found from the most ancient times, and so it is to our own day. Copyright © 2020 LoveToKnow. The theory of pricing means people who want items the most choose to buy those items instead of others they could buy. In that case, the information such a sentence … I never realized what a wonderful people the Japanese are until I saw their most interesting exhibit. Sentences Menu. Deidre struggled to absorb the wild story, unable to comprehend most of it. I remember because the tip was different from most; so detailed. That this one had come to him with a warning was the most he could expect. However, my wife was far and away the most intelligent of the five of us and understood our success depended on strong leadership. The most is the superlative form of many, much. 6. Most of these people have other jobs and obligations, so without something like Etsy, they might not be able to enter into these trades. She likes various fruits: mangoes, apples, kiwis etc. My guess is that most of the savings came from Señor Medena, though. "Most of the people in the world are poor," said the coachman. Her presence would have the same calming effect on Dusty, who was the most wound-up man Jule knew. We deserve a little privacy, especially Howie; he's under the most pressure. By the time the Deans returned, most of Bird Song's guests had scattered off to the continuing Fourth of July happenings. The rise of public opinion as the most powerful political force in the world. Oh, she is certainly the most charming woman in the world, she went on, with a smile at her own enthusiasm. Most of the times, conversation with Dr. Wynn was like talking to a robot. We were tied to our decision because we signed the contract. In the Italian Renaissance, only a thin veneer of society's elites participated in the creation or ownership of the frescos, music, statues, and paintings; most were only passive observers. Previously he had talked a great deal, grew excited when he talked, and seldom listened; now he was seldom carried away in conversation and knew how to listen so that people readily told him their most intimate secrets. Being with him, naked in bed, was the most natural, right and incredible experience. You are the most beautiful woman in the room tonight. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples The town was fairly large with a dozen or so business buildings on each side of the street but, as I said, most were closed. 10. Won't all people (or at least most people) waste their lives on narcissistic, hedonistic pleasure? It's not one of the ones we've caught; they're in jail, for the most part. Of the activities that presented themselves to him, army service was the simplest and most familiar. I think I read someplace that most kidnapped children are taken by a parent. Learn the rules for using layman’s terms in writing and speech. Pierre drove up to the house of the old prince in a most serious mood. for the most part in a sentence - Use "for the most part" in a sentence 1. Not that I'm rich, at least not by most standards, but I was the only heir to grandmother Radisson and a great-aunt. Use an em dash to offset lists placed in a sentence. For the most part things happened contrary to their orders. To all the other prisoners Platon Karataev seemed a most ordinary soldier. It indicates the greatest in number, quantity etc. Of all the affairs awaiting Pierre that day the sorting of Joseph Bazdeev's books and papers appeared to him the most necessary. The man who worked most with his hands could not think so much about what he was doing, or reflect on or command what would result from the common activity; while the man who commanded more would evidently work less with his hands on account of his greater verbal activity. Most lakes don't glow green," Wynn said in a casual voice. Charlie nodded and added, "It's too remote to build anything there and snowed in most of the year.". "They're the most exciting!" Most people will tell you anything you want to know. Jennifer wanted to know the names of each flower and Cynthia was able to respond to most of her questions. 260+56 sentence examples: 1. The computers would then see that most people who got better bought their radishes in stores stocked from certain farms. The word ‘which’ is often reserved for non-restrictive functions. "Damian, he's my most trusted servant," Jonny echoed, turning to him. ". " This killer of Miss Washington is your most dire threat to date. She wrenched open the medicine cabinet for the most powerful of the drugs Dr. Mallard prescribed for her and slammed the cabinet shut. But as food was too precious to be given to foreigners, who were for the most part enemies, Napoleon preferred to supply them with money with which to purchase food from outside, and had paper rubles distributed to them. It frustrated to Betsy who spent hours on the Internet seeking the most effective uses of Howie's talent. All I know is... all of the sudden you were walking away from me - right when I needed you the most. Lean and youthful, he was unthreatening in appearance but the single most lethal creature Gabriel knew. In spite of Rostopchin's broadsheets, or because of them or independently of them, the strangest and most contradictory rumors were current in the town. 302. He became one of the most famous scholars in the world. Most of the guests seemed content in the parlor, listening to Pumpkin Green ramble away about his upcoming Fourth of July water fight. Most things come in a limited supply, so some people have a thing and others do not. My Betsy is fine looking woman, beautiful in my mind and in the eyes of most, but even I have to admit she lacks the room-stopping allure of Martha LeBlanc. It will passively recognize you by recognizing your face or your voice or your breathing pattern or the pattern of your footsteps or, most likely, your scent. The eighth and largest group, which in its enormous numbers was to the others as ninety-nine to one, consisted of men who desired neither peace nor war, neither an advance nor a defensive camp at the Drissa or anywhere else, neither Barclay nor the Emperor, neither Pfuel nor Bennigsen, but only the one most essential thing--as much advantage and pleasure for themselves as possible. They'd made it through the blahs of winter and the doldrums of spring, managing to satisfy most, if not all, of the bill collectors. Most is the superlative form of many and much. Most of them rested in piles at the bottom of the lake while some floated in the water. Yet in most parts of the world, emancipation came peacefully as the civilizing effects of culture transformed society. For the most part definition: For the most part means mostly or usually. Military science, seeing in history innumerable instances of the fact that the size of any army does not coincide with its strength and that small detachments defeat larger ones, obscurely admits the existence of this unknown factor and tries to discover it--now in a geometric formation, now in the equipment employed, now, and most usually, in the genius of the commanders. This restrictive form generally illustrates by using ‘that’ instead of ‘which’. I've been all over and most of it looks the same from a bus or a bar. Of all things, his gloved hands scared her the most. It has endured far longer than most people—probably even Moore himself—ever imagined it could. Wars in that same period—the most destructive wars in all of history—took a fraction of that number. Deidre didn't want to ask about the part that disturbed her the most. Most is defined as to the highest or greatest level. Wooden birds fluttered among the trees and wooden cows were browsing upon the wooden grass; but the most amazing things of all were the wooden people--the creatures known as Gargoyles. Let us consider for a moment what most of the trouble and anxiety which I have referred to is about, and how much it is necessary that we be troubled, or at least careful. It's a one way visit, and that is what you fear most, the possibility you turn into what you hate. Most of the luxuries, and many of the so-called comforts of life, are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind. Most of the lodgers were about their daily activities, with Fred off to the post office, Maria doing her duties with her usual exuberance, and the Deans hovering close by. The most important tip to quickly improve your writing is to follow one rule: Start every sentence in a paragraph with a different word. There were tags on most of the clothing, and the styles were from fall. The largest of the brothers in size, Tamer's temper most closely resembled Rhyn's. "You're the most headstrong person I've ever met," he said forcefully, and abruptly turned away. The military calling is the most highly honored. Those were extremes, no doubt, but they are not what is most important. Most people will tell you anything you want to know. It's isolated and lonely and I'm gone most … mookeee 1 41189 Most boys know his name. Most of the people in the world are poor," said the coachman. He adored Sofia, that much was obvious, even if he wasn't really sure where—or who—he was most of the time. Sometimes she brought a book and read to him, but most of the time she talked about the children, relatives and the animals. he asked, suddenly changing his former stern expression for a most cordial tone. His duty was beyond question the most important there was: protecting the souls of the dead mortals and dead-dead Immortals. The Tin Woodman loved Dorothy most tenderly, and welcomed with joy the return of the little old Wizard. Where transgenesis offers the most amazing possibilities is in GM foods because it allows plants to exceed their maximum genetic potential. It was plain that what troubled him most was that he had grieved me. How to use most in a sentence. There are some who complain most energetically and inconsolably of any, because they are, as they say, doing their duty. They do not represent the opinions of YourDictionary.com. For the most part, though, her conversation was interesting and helped keep Lisa's mind off her own problems. Most of the people at that time paid no attention to the general progress of events but were guided only by their private interests, and they were the very people whose activities at that period were most useful. His reputation alone was enough to make most men weep when confronted. A few Naturals were found every year, and he didn't bother to remember their names in an organization his size, leaving that level of detail to his most trusted men, the two regional commanders, and dozens of sector commanders worldwide. For each node a sub-tree, which at most equals the whole DOM-tree, must be revisited; therefore, N is multiplied by N in the formula. "I suppose that's the one thing that troubles me most," Lisa admitted. The word usage examples above have been gathered from various sources to reflect current and historial usage. He has the most trophies … Most of the boys she dated would never have thought of practicing the age-old custom of walking around the car to open her door, or guiding her through the crowd with a gentle hand on one elbow. Bird Song wasn't locked and the place was empty most of today—even Maria was watching the parade. On the contrary, he is probably pursuing you with detachments, or at most with an army corps much weaker than the army entrusted to you. Men who want to fight will always put themselves in the most advantageous conditions for fighting. While jocular and jovial most of the time, these two titans can grow a bit wearisome with their constant credit taking. The group of prisoners had melted away most of all. 4 Traveller's cheques can be cashed at most hotels. The sleeve of his coat kept slipping down and he always carefully rolled it up again with his left hand, as if it were most important that the sinewy white arm he was flourishing should be bare. The most impressive piece was a massive oak table. She was numb to most of the world, and the colors of the worlds were muted. Sometimes a long sentence is grammatically correct, but its length … The gates of most of the houses were locked and the shutters up. All the kings, except the Chinese, wear military uniforms, and he who kills most people receives the highest rewards. We will still take all the most necessary things. Jonny had begun disappearing in the evenings with most of the vamps, and she knew he was out hunting humans. In most books, the I, or first person, is omitted; in this it will be retained; that, in respect to egotism, is the main difference. The most important day I remember in all my life is the one on which my teacher, Anne Mansfield Sullivan, came to me. In comparisons most is normally used with the. 2 It will cost you 1000 yuan at most. There was a special reason for this, as he had got married two years before--a fact known only to his most intimate friends. Until men learn the meaning of the word no, I'll protect myself in the way that has proven most effective. One of the most appealing things about Alex was his confidence. In the hall beyond, most of the murmured conversation was taking place as feet tromped around the house. We spent about three weeks in Boston, after leaving New York, and I need not tell you we had a most delightful time. These documents, products themselves of civilization, try to provide legal protections for the most elemental features of civilization. Monarchies—the most prevalent form of government in human history—are disproportionately warlike for a number of reasons. CK 1 33312 Most boys like baseball. [Footnote: Cimabue (_pro_. 'Most' is used before a noun as a determiner to speak in general. Darkyn was becoming her most promising option. But it's not the vamp-pig that's the most interesting part. In its most basic form (which I'll discuss here for simplification's sake), it is a guarantee of a minimum income above the poverty line for every citizen. He turned to Damian, his scarred features the most beautiful sight Damian had ever seen. They selected the most valuable food items and buried them. A full head smaller than him, Darkyn was nonetheless the most lethal creature Gabriel had ever known. These are the instinctive, plain, and most legitimate questions humanity asks itself when it encounters the monuments and tradition of that period. How To Use Sentence Starter Lists. Of all these men Prince Andrew sympathized most with Pfuel, angry, determined, and absurdly self-confident as he was. "To endure war is the most difficult subordination of man's freedom to the law of God," the voice had said. On the other hand, even if we admitted that words could be the cause of events, history shows that the expression of the will of historical personages does not in most cases produce any effect, that is to say, their commands are often not executed, and sometimes the very opposite of what they order occurs. "Most people don't want to know," he replied with a chuckle. At close to seven feet with eyes and hair blacker than night and a permanent scowl, he was what most expected Death to look like. Of the real world she knows more of the good and less of the evil than most people seem to know. Talon's boys are more violent than most of them. Most of what I know comes from what I've relearned after the Schism, Jule answered. And that fact is driven home by its generally low price in most locations. We did what we had to do for the most part. Most of the old men answered that they did not know of any such person. A few years later, with the United States again at war, most of its top medical minds were engaged in the war effort. (+ adjective) Scafell Pike is the most easily identifiable peak in the Lake District. | (countable, uncountable) The greater part. This was the most perfect place in the world. We use the most to make the superlative forms of longer adjectives and the majority of adverbs: They’re using the most advanced technology in the world. There was no easy way to the edge of the ravine, and it looked too shallow along most places to make a jump pay off. In the case of a crime we most urgently demand the punishment for such an act; in the case of a virtuous act we rate its merit most highly. And now the Tin Woodman arrived, his body most beautifully nickle-plated, so that it shone splendidly in the brilliant light of the room. 11. Well, the diseases that human beings focus on are the ones considered most unbearable. Most sentence examples. Princess Ozma, dressed in her most splendid robes of state, sat in the magnificent emerald throne, with her jewelled sceptre in her hand and her sparkling coronet upon her fair brow. I don't know who among us was the most nervous. ; is called a semicolon. "How evidently he belongs to the best society," said she to a third; and the vicomte was served up to the company in the choicest and most advantageous style, like a well-garnished joint of roast beef on a hot dish. Little Eric lives with me and is the most important part of my life. Although "the most" is the superlative, preferable. Some of the wooden beings fell flat upon the ground, where they quivered and trembled in every limb; but most of them managed to wheel and escape again to a distance. It took him most of his life to do this, and the value was engraved on his tombstone. "But we're ALMOST on earth again," cried Dorothy, "for there is the sun--the most BEAU'FUL sun that shines!" The magic made her head spin, but she focused on the two most powerful sources: Damian and Jonny. The Dark One is the most powerful, and he grows more so, as the population of the worlds increase. Most girls wanted to be a princess at some point in their youth, though she couldn't specifically remember that wish. Most cases were earlier tips as lately, the authorities were far more cautious with our information; often even denying a tip was involved when an arrest occurred. It has been most unfortunately sanctioned by the greatest advocates of free-agency. Won't most of the people know about your accident and loss of memory? She had the most expressive face he had ever seen. The progress of the war was eagerly followed, and only the reports most flattering to our army were circulated. Sleuthing mostly, but it didn't take me long to realize that most people give a lot away if you listen and observe profoundly. It was the most Fred O'Connor had ever said about his past, but the conversation was over. They kept their emotions at bay for the most part. For the Minister is leading these visitors after him to Moscow in a most masterly way. The name of Arion is still remembered as that of a most wonderful musician. She walked stiffly to the closet, deciding quickly on a pair of blue jeans and a light shirt with a collar that would hide most of her neck.

Ol' Roy Dog Treats Reviews, Mahihinuhang Meaning In Tagalog, Audi R8 Sat Nav Upgrade, Weekend Lover Lyrics, Rcc Notes Krishna Institute, Dreams Tulum Wedding Review, Biggest Playboys In Hollywood History, University Of Hertfordshire Egypt Jobs, I'm Glad To Know You, Self Lung Check, Birmingham Al Income Tax,