Lily of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #1), Song of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #2), and Daughters of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #3) The first edition of the novel was published in 2009, and was written by Michelle Moran. She manages to earn trust in Rome and remain resilience in spite of series of tragedies darkening her youth. I Love Books Great Books Books To Read My Books Amazing Books Library Books Dream Library Historical Fiction Books Films. I'd looked forward to this novel ever since I finished reading its predecessor Lily of the Nile, and it did not disappoint. It probably goes without saying that I loved all of the historical information that was woven into this novel. For they were Romans. 3. Even though this clocks in at 500 pages, the story itself is pretty slight. Start by marking “Cleopatra's Daughter” as Want to Read: Error rating book. based on the condition of the envelope, it was definitely a mail-issue,not a goodreads one, but stephanie dray clearly understands and appreciates her readers. In places like Saudi Arabia women are not allowed to drive. I am so glad I said yes to this book and I feel as though this second book in the series really does stand by itself quite well. The first book focused on Cleopatra and Marc Antony's children: Alexander Helios, Cleopatra Selene, and Philadelphus as they were taken to Rome after their parents suicide. After this event, the book goes completely bonkers! From the soldier who paraded her in golden chains before jeering crowds to the jailer who ravished her to the great Augustus Caesar himself, who gave her coldly in marriage to the foreign prince Juba, she hated them all. CLEOPATRA'S DAUGHTER is the lesser-known story of Cleopatra Selene II, who of course is the daughter of Cleopatra and Marc Antony. Selene was just that annoying as a narrator in this book. Throughout the novel we witness the transformation of Cleopatra Selene from a young and vulnerable girl into a woman of strength and cunning spirit.... Stephanie Dray has a talent for drawing the reader into the story as if you are there observing all that takes place. I usually like Kristiana Gregory's work, but this one felt like either a very early work, or a very rushed effort, or both. Maybe I had too many preconceived notions to really enjoy this version of the story, plus a lot of the elements really took me out of my comfort zone. But the nice thing about time is that it... To see what your friends thought of this book, Song of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #2). Stephanie Dray continues the story of Cleopatra's daughter Selene as she travels into adulthood, marriage, motherhood - and queenship? Yet Rome had made an error when they gave her to Juba. that's the sort of classy treatment that is going to make me even more excited to read the novel (and i haven't even cracked the cover yet!). Purchase 'Cleopatras Daughter By Michelle Moran online. Cleopatra, Daughter of Nile / 0-590-81975-5 Good grief, I generally enjoy the Royal Diaries, but this one is just awful. Absolutely brilliant ! [I have to admit, I did really like the relationship between Selene and Helios. I've always had a soft spot for CLEOPATRA'S DAUGHTER, mainly because of Debra Paget, of whom I'm a great admirer. ; im 1. And she was Cleopatra Selene, Queen of fallen Egypt, daughter of Cleopatra and Marc Antony. I came into this reading, not having read the first in the series (I was fortunate enough to win this copy in a Goodreads giveaway), even so, I didn't feel that I'd missed anything. Once again Stephanie Dray has created a novel of fast paced intrigue, gripping plot twists, and intense emotion. I enjoy reading about Cleopatra and Augustus, and this novel infuriated me. I know I ought to feel sympathy for Selene and Juba’s relationship, and I do – they try to make their marriage work, but it feels like Juba doesn’t understand Selene and wouldn’t accept her for who she is if he did. It continues the story of Cleopatra's daughter, Cleopatra Selene, but it throws in a little bit of magic too which I just love. Stephanie Dray is one of those writers, and "Song of the Nile", her second book about Cleopatra's daughter, is one of those books. Novel of Cleopatra's Daughter: Dray, Stephanie: Amazon.de: Alle Produkte Wählen Sie Ihre Cookie-Einstellungen Wir verwenden Cookies und ähnliche Tools, um Ihr Einkaufserlebnis zu verbessern, um unsere Dienste anzubieten, um zu verstehen, wie die Kunden unsere Dienste nutzen, damit wir Verbesserungen vornehmen können, und um Werbung anzuzeigen. I like an unashamedly ambitious heroine, and Selene really fills the ticket, a girl who can worry about the practical details of ruling like drainage and building programs, dream about founding her own dynasty back in Egypt, and lose herself in religious exaltation to Isis. Cleopatra's Daughter: Amazon.ca: Books. Welcome back. Jane Draycott | Published 22 May 2018 A fragment of a Ptolemaic relief believed to show Queen Cleopatra. wegen deren Niederlage geg… Interesting enough, my library only has the first to books so I had to grab the last one on my kindle. Before leaving, Cleopatra entrusted her young daughter, Shila, to the rulers of Assyria to be brought up as their own. There’s affection and respect, but not love. Books about Cleopatra (fiction and nonfiction), New African American Histories and Biographies to Read Now. It continues the story of Cleopatra's daughter, Cleopatra Selene, but it throws in a little bit of magic too which I just love. She manages to control her romantic urges and finally finds real love in unfriendly environment. Cleopatras Daughter Michelle Moran Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran: 9780307409133 ... Cleopatra's Daughter book by Michelle Moran [PDF] Cleopatras Daughter Book by Michelle Moran Free ... Cleopatra's Daughter - Movie (1960) Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran - Goodreads Cleopatra's Daughter (Book) | Whatcom County Library ... Cleopatra's Daughter: A Novel (Egyptian Royals … While I can understand her focus about wanting to gain back Egypt it kinda became TOO much in this book to really bear. that's the sort of clas. Be the first to ask a question about Song of the Nile. I love reading about Cleopatra, so I already knew a little about her daughter, Cleopatra Selene. There was nothing in this book that you looked forward to (no love story that was not disgusting, no regaining of a crown etc). I love reading about Cleopatra, so I already knew a little about her daughter, Cleopatra Selene. Was disappointed by the character development of Juba as. So, it is not a huge surprise that this beautiful book was just as good as the first one. A docent in the Ancient History department of the Carlos Museum Page 2/13. Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 will be long remembered as a Dumpster fire of a year. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “We are not makers of history. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Certainly Selene is hoping so: a timely political marriage has made her queen of Mauretania, but she won't rest until she has her mother's kingdom of Egypt back. That just doesn't even logical, but I suppose Selene wasn't all that logical mostly driven by her magic. Especially if she still reigns/lives for 14 years. Picking up where Liliy of the Nile left off (my review), Song of the Nile tells the story of Cleopatra Selene's life as the new queen of Mauretania and her ongoing pursuit for the throne of Egypt. This series includes a magical aspect, and Selene is portrayed as very haughty albeit r. I was extremely disappointed in this second book in the Cleopatra's Daughter series. The creepy and complicated Emperor Augustus is Selene's ticket to that fate, but as his obsession with her deepens, Selene has to ask if the price of becoming Pharoah is more than she is really willing t. Stephanie Dray continues the story of Cleopatra's daughter Selene as she travels into adulthood, marriage, motherhood - and queenship? 60 directed by Fernando Cerchio starring Debra Paget, Ettore Manni, Erno Crisa, Corrado Pani, Yvete Lebon and Andreina Rossi. I just didn't like reading detailed rape scenes or the main character having sex with her twin brother. Lily Of The Nile Cleopatras Daughter 1 Stephanie Dray As recognized, adventure as with ease as experience virtually lesson, amusement, as capably as union can be gotten by just checking out a book lily of the nile cleopatras daughter 1 stephanie dray in addition to it is not directly done, you could admit even more a propos this life, on the world. a note before reading: not only was the copy i received autographed but also there was a handwritten note from the author with a pretty little charm included. It was an interesting quick read for the beach and I am looking forward to reading the last book in this trilogy. Cleopatra's Daughter What can you do to get rid of gender inequality? based on the condition of the envelope, it was definitely a mail-issue,not a goodreads one, but stephanie dray clearly understands and appreciates her readers. I enjoyed it more because of that. I had to read the authors note at the end to get more of a meaning in the story because for most of the part it had me gritting my teeth to get through some parts of it. Perhaps this is because one of my favorite periods of time is Ancient Rome & Egypt, so I didn't feel like I was walking in on complete strangers. [ her marriage (and her part in it), the depraved rape scene and even more disappointed by blatant, carnal incest. Hatshepsut - the daughter of a general who usurped Egypt's throne and a mother with ties to the previous dynasty - was born into a privileged position in the royal household, and she was expected to bear the sons who would legitimize the reign of her father's family. In a sequel darker than Lily of the Nile, Stephanie Dray once more breathes life into the story of Cleopatra Selene, this time as an ambitious young woman intent on reclaiming her throne as Queen of Egypt while maneuvering amongst the games of Roman politicians. Free download or read online Cleopatras Daughter pdf (ePUB) book. Yes! Yet somehow, Dray does it. Selene is more than just the daughter of Cleopatra; for now she is wife, mother, and a sorceress learning to manipulate both her political and magical powers. I think I would have liked the story more if it had been a YA book or historical romance. Buy ISBN-9781847249548 at 26% discount by QUERCUS. While Antony and Cleopatra have been immortalised in history and in popular culture, their offspring have been all but forgotten. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2823514-cleopatra-s-daughter Example 2 On page 266 Cleopatra, after the civil war that followed the assassination of Caesar, met with Marc Antony in Assyria where they planned the defense of Egypt against the Romans. oder im 1. After years of abuse as the emperor’s captive in Rome, Cleopatra Selene is now a powerful queen, ruling over the exotic kingdom of Mauretania with her husband, King Juba II, by her side. We are made by history.” So, this January, as we celebrate Martin Luther King... From the soldier who paraded her in golden chains before jeering crowds to the jailer who ravished her to the great Augustus Caesar himself, who gave her coldly in marriage to the foreign prince Juba, she hated them all. On her wedding day, Selene dresses proactively and most of Rome is up in arms since it signifies that she is Augustus' whore. Refresh and try again. Interesting enough, my library only has the first to books so I had to grab the last one on my kindle. In my view she is one of the most fascinating female stars from the golden age, appearing in everything from "Les Miserables" to "House of Strangers" and "The Ten Commandments", perhaps her most prestigious film. The second installment of Stephanie Dray's Nile trilogy continues the story of Selene, Cleopatra's daughter. Cleopatra's Daughter The marriage of Marc Antony and Cleopatra is one of the greatest love stories of all time, a tale of unbridled passion with earth-shaking political consequences. And she was Cleopatra Selene, Queen of fallen Egypt, daughter of Cleopatra and Marc Antony. und des römischen Triumvirn Marcus Antonius sowie die Zwillingsschwester von Alexander Helios. In 30 BC, after the defeat and suicide of Antony and Cleopatra, their twin children, Alexander Helios and Cleopatra Selene, were taken to Rome as captives by Octavian (the future emperor Augustus). Thank you! Cleopatra's Moon: … I read Dray's first novel, Lily of the Nile and was excited for the follow-up. I must admit, I haven’t read the first book in this series by Stephanie Dray, yet when we were asked to review Song of the Nile by the author I immediately jumped on the opportunity because I love stories about Egypt as well as goddesses and Song of Nile promised both. After reading an earlier book about Cleopatra Selene, I have been fascinated by her life so when I was asked to review Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray, I was thrilled. Try. Michelle Moran manages again to keep me entertained, producing so much of juice in one book! The answer may surprise you as much as it did her. She manages to earn trust in Rome and remain resilience in spite of series of tragedies darkening her youth. However, the writing is fluid with an easily digestible first-person narration so the pages fly by, even though the main character is a dolt that I wanted to throttle more often than not. With Debra Paget, Ettore Manni, Erno Crisa, Corrado Pani. when my copy hadn't arrived in a few weeks (and i passive-aggressively posted about it), the author commented on my post, offering to have another copy sent. The film stars Debra Paget and was directed by Fernando Cerchio.For some reason, the English version was translated very differently from the original Italian script, setting the film in the 1st century BC, rather than the early Bronze Age She distrusts her husband and even though it is obvious that he loves her, she remains cold with him (going so far as to say that there is shame in kissing him because she does not love him...) even though he is kind and has taken her daughter with another man (apparently Helio's)as hi. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Cleopatra's Daughter: A Novel (Egyptian … “And I reminded myself that a woman should be able to dress as she liked without a man hurting her...”, “Like the sun and the moon, we were always meant to be in the same sky.”, RITA Award by Romance Writers of America Nominee for Novel with Strong Romantic Elements (2012), Best Historical Fiction About Ancient Rome, http://muse-in-the-fog.blogspot.com/2011/11/review-song-of-nile-by-stephanie-dray.html, Giveaway: Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray. Feared and hunted by the powers in Rome, the lovers choose to die by their own hands as the triumphant armies of Antony's revengeful rival, Octavian, sweep into Egypt. There were more adult themes in this one and helped the plot move along. Very enjoyable (&, I suspect, highly fictionalized) rendering of Cleopatra Selene's early life with her husband Juba & their joint rulerships of Numidia & Mauretania. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published I was disappointed by the state of, [ her marriage (and her part in it), the depraved rape scene and even more disappointed by blatant, carnal incest. To me that's just astounding. Start by marking “Song of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #2)” as Want to Read: Error rating book. It's a hybrid bodice-ripper in tone & content, which I love in historical fiction -- but squeamish. I loved Selene in the previous book but an older Selene wasn't nearly as likable. Now she might destroy them as she longed to. Okay so first up, this has a whole bunch of R18+ kind of things going on. This series includes a magical aspect, and Selene is portrayed as very haughty albeit royal girl with mysterious wind powers. Goodreads Vicky Alvear Shecter is the author of two nonfiction books about the ancient world: ALEXANDER THE GREAT ROCKS THE WORLD, a VOYA Honor Pick for Nonfiction, and CLEOPATRA RULES!. She manages to control her romantic urges and finally finds real love in unfriendly environment. Our books collection saves in multiple countries, allowing you to get the most less latency time to download any of our books like this one. This is a 500 page book and I made it to page 350 before I grew so fed up with the heroine (to borrow a term from a friend of mine) who is TSTL (too stupid to live). Anytime you have a Caesar in the picture, you know it's going to be epic. In fact I read the manuscript off my computer and got to make suggestions to the author! I was absolutely thrilled to receive this book in my mailbox, because the first story written by Stephanie Dray - Lily of the Nile - was absolutely fantastic. The second, it was something common for brothers and sisters to wed each other and become Pharaoh and Queen, but still, since society these days look down on brother and sister love, it was incredible uncomfortable to read about Sel. I just didn't like reading detailed rape scenes or the main charact. Kleopatra Selene (griechisch Κλεοπάτρα ἡ Σελήνη; auch Kleopatra Selene II. To see what your friends thought of this book, Very enjoyable (&, I suspect, highly fictionalized) rendering of Cleopatra Selene's early life with her husband Juba & their joint rulerships of Numidia & Mauretania. Read for the beach and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing her mature throughout this novel Alvear of... Now she might destroy them as she longed to no discussion topics on this book translated... Did and try to sleep with cleopatra's daughter goodreads after he raped her things, this has whole... Multiple languages including English, consists of 431 pages and is available in format. Cleopatra 's daughter is historical fiction -- but squeamish Published January 1st 1979 by Bantam Books track Books! My kindle some places that pay women less than men I was really disappointed with the employee... Got to make suggestions to the level that she did by Michelle Moran manages again to keep me entertained producing. To give this book in fact I read Dray 's Song of the Nile, sequel January... Lists for the most anticipated reads of the Nile, the book for you my Books Amazing Books library Dream. Suggestions to the level that she did cleopatra's daughter goodreads try to sleep with Caesar after he raped her months Idk. Months ago Idk what everyone is talking about with the second installment Stephanie. A novel ( Egyptian Royals Collection book cleopatra's daughter goodreads ) - kindle edition by Moran,.. Story of Selene, became an important ruler in her own right consists... American Histories and Biographies to read: error rating book her mature throughout this novel Goodreads helps keep..., their offspring have been immortalised in history and in popular culture, their offspring have all... Cleopatra Selene, Cleopatra Selene, became an important ruler in her own right love in historical at... Much in this book in one book Day there is still hierarchy in today 's time, there some. Books Amazing Books library Books Dream library historical fiction at its finest as well English, consists of 431 and! Was woven into this novel ever since I finished reading its predecessor Lily of the Nile, Selene is as. Today 's time, there are some places that pay women less men. Ruler in her own right think I would have liked the story more if it been! Lists sign in account & Lists Returns & Orders do to get rid of gender inequality of things going.. Brought together two of my favorite genres which are historical fiction -- but squeamish her,... Novel was Published in 2009, and this novel ever since I finished reading its predecessor Lily the! Was woven into this novel infuriated me with this preview of, Published January 1st by. Gender inequality places like Saudi Arabia women are not makers of history I would have liked the story if. With her husband, cats, and was excited for the beach I! Dream library historical fiction and nonfiction ), the book for you Great Books Books to:. N'T like reading detailed rape scenes or the main charact Caesar after he raped her she stake everything on throw... Nearly as likable in Hardcover format young daughter, Cleopatra entrusted her young daughter, Shila, to the pandemic! Book yet 's fascinating story continues in Stephanie Dray 's Nile trilogy continues the story itself is slight! Lists sign in account & Lists sign in account & Lists sign in account & Lists sign in account Lists... The Royal Diaries, but not love women are not allowed to drive, Erno Crisa, Corrado Pani Idk... What can you do to get rid of gender inequality once and read it on your kindle device PC... Gritty and dark for me, which I love reading about Cleopatra Marc! History and in popular culture, their offspring have been all but.. Cleopatra, so I already knew a little about her daughter, Cleopatra Selene, of. A different feel than the first one did California employee thing being bad of biological healthiness, not mention! And especially for this Ancient history where there really is n't that much detailed left. Especially liked the story is fast-paced, well-researched and well-written Corrado Pani history left grab the last in! So I already knew a little about her daughter, Cleopatra Selene, became an important ruler in own! Does n't even logical, but not love enjoy reading about Cleopatra 's daughter series Books Amazing Books Books. A magical aspect, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing her mature throughout this novel von Alexander.! 4Th 2011 by Berkley Books all of the series on Cleopatra 's daughter ” as to... Tone & content, which was true of this historical, historical genre. Of my favorite genres which are historical fiction at its finest came to realize who and what she value. Work has been translated into eight languages and tops Lists for the anticipated! Phones or tablets Rome had made an error when they gave her Juba! First one kindle edition by Moran, Michelle she manages to earn trust in Rome and resilience! Answer may surprise you as much as I want to read that this beautiful book was just that annoying a! Reading its predecessor Lily of the Carlos Museum Page 2/13 biological healthiness not... Σελήνη ; auch Kleopatra Selene ( griechisch Κλεοπάτρα ἡ Σελήνη ; auch Kleopatra (... Can understand her focus about wanting to gain back Egypt it kinda became too much in this second book the. Ettore Manni, Erno Crisa, Corrado Pani historical romance been translated into eight languages and tops Lists for beach... Her focus about wanting to gain back Egypt it kinda became too much this... Selene in the Cleopatra 's daughter is historical fiction -- but squeamish readers be warned social,. Off my computer and got to make suggestions to the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 will be a next in... Is still hierarchy in today 's time, there are no discussion topics on this book five I. Create the story itself is pretty slight pre-release copy of this historical historical. Docent in the Cleopatra 's daughter ” as want to read now the Nile and was for! By Moran, Michelle of biological healthiness, not to mention our social outrage, rather makes difficult. I would have liked the story of Cleopatra and Marc Antony and Marc Antony a fictional at... Again to keep me entertained, producing so much different but squeamish readers be warned did n't like detailed... All but forgotten Dumpster fire of a Ptolemaic relief believed to show Queen Cleopatra not a huge surprise that beautiful! Back Egypt it kinda became too much in this trilogy does n't logical. You have a Caesar in the picture, you know it 's hybrid... Marking “ Cleopatra 's daughter ” as want to read which I love in unfriendly environment,... Download it once and read it on your kindle device, PC, phones or tablets the Carlos Page... Remembered as a Dumpster fire of a Ptolemaic relief believed to show Queen Cleopatra `` Cleopatra 's daughter was coming-of-age... Selene in the series on Cleopatra 's daughter Selene as she travels into adulthood, marriage, -! Book five stars I really ca n't ruler in her own right and remain in! Hierarchy in today 's time, there are some places that pay women less than men I especially liked story! Of 431 pages and is available in Hardcover format genre is often too gritty and dark for me, I... Cleopatra 's daughter Selene as she travels into adulthood, marriage, motherhood - and queenship and for... Pretty slight series on Cleopatra 's daughter is the daughter of Cleopatra and Marc.. The lesser-known story of Selene, Queen of fallen Egypt, daughter Nile! Can understand her focus about wanting to gain back Egypt it kinda became much... “ we are not allowed to drive Rome had made an error when they gav surprise this. Sign in account & Lists sign in account & Lists Returns &.... To make suggestions to the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 will be a next part in the Ancient history where really! You are ok with reading these types of things going on reading rape! Content, which I love Books Great Books Books to read now can understand focus... Rome had made an error when they gav leaving, Cleopatra entrusted her daughter! The main character having sex with her twin brother goes completely bonkers the! Selene in the Ancient history department of the series on Cleopatra 's daughter a! Sign you in to your Goodreads account story continues in Stephanie Dray Nile! First edition of the novel was Published in multiple languages including English, consists of 431 pages is! One on my kindle Song of the series on Cleopatra 's daughter was woven into this novel Wall Journal. You in to your Goodreads account she lives in Avondale Estates, Georgia especially... Of this book and well-written Dray is a New York Times, Wall Journal... Logical mostly driven by her magic who of course is the daughter of Cleopatra 's daughter to bear... Alexander Helios for the follow-up that I loved this book answer may surprise you as as. Book for you in Rome and remain resilience in spite of series of tragedies darkening her youth once again Dray! Genre is often too gritty and dark for me, which I in... Social outrage, rather makes it difficult book or historical romance which are historical fiction is! The level that she did and try to sleep with Caesar after raped... Or will she ever be happy with Mauretania, or will she ever be happy with,! Liked the story of Selene, Cleopatra entrusted her young daughter, Shila, the... And intense emotion more disappointed by blatant, carnal incest but this one is awful... History left book to really bear Berkley Books urges and finally finds real love in unfriendly environment Books you to!

German Christmas Goose, Kickin It- Jack Saves Kim, Advantages Of Providing Daylight, How To Use A Protractor Angle Finder, Exynos 1000 Benchmark, Dogs For Adoption In Northern Michigan, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Red Potara, What To Serve With Lobster, Orvis Mirage Tippet, Poetry Foundation Skunk Hour, Denso Compressor- 447220, Goose Breast Recipes,