This is because shells were rare objects to ancient Chinese mainlanders who lived far from the sea. It can also be used as both feminine and masculine given names, currently it is more popular for boys. From Decoding Chinese “贝”, as a radical, helps to form many other characters all of which have money-related meanings… Find all the relevant details about the meaning, origin, lucky number and religion is available in this page. At a later date, the kingdom of Bai in the area of present-day Henan province gave its name to descendants of its ruling clan. Used widely for cursing by the Hokkien community in Southeast Asia especially in Medan and Batam in Indonesia, Penang and Johor in Malaysia, Singapore, and Taiwan. bai Chinese meaning, bai的中文,bai的中文,bai的中文,translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are … These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Bai. When a support guy says this word to you, it always means “my dear customer”. Your browser does not support the audio element. Definition of baí in the Definitions.net dictionary. Copyright Notice: Everyone is welcome to forward the articles in this blog as long as the links to these articles are also included. a yellow mist occurring in eastern China and Japan during the spring and fall, caused by dust from the interior of China. You can also call a young child “宝贝” to show your love. For example, when two female friends are chatting, one might ask the other: 老婆 Bai is used predominantly in the Chinese language, and it is derived from Chinese and Vietnamese origins. Become fluent in Chinese by watching Chinese videos in a video player designed for language learners. Chinese Culture| Is a Tang suit from the Tang Dynasty? Interestingly, even when using this word to refer to a thing, the word has a personification effect! Bai name meaning is god, lord and the lucky number associated with is 4. As anyone who speaks any language on Earth knows, there are a number of ways to say "goodbye" in every language -- and " sayonara " is but one in Japanese (and a pretty stuffy one, at that). The modern (simplified) Chinese characters of tài bái are identical with the traditional characters displayed above. Today, let’s take a thorough look at the word “ bǎobèi ” so that in the future you can use this word correctly without feeling embarrassed. to realize, Military School of Thought, one of the Hundred Schools of Thought 諸子百家|诸子百家[Zhū zǐ Bǎi Jiā] of the Warring States Period (475-220BC), Li Bai (701-762), famous Tang Dynasty poet, Xiangyun county in Dali Bai autonomous prefecture 大理白族自治州[Da4 li3 Bai2 zu2 zi4 zhi4 zhou1], Yunnan, Yunlong district of Xuzhou city 徐州市[Xu2 zhou1 shi4], Jiangsu Yunlong county in Dali Bai autonomous prefecture 大理白族自治州[Da4 li3 Bai2 zu2 zi4 zhi4 zhou1], Yunnan, bye-bye (loanword) Detailed information about every Chinese characters (simplified and traditional), more than 90 000 words and vocabulary. Meaning & History From Chinese 白 (bái) meaning "white, pure", 百 (bǎi) meaning "one hundred, many" or 柏 (bǎi) meaning "cypress tree, cedar" (which is usually only masculine). Chinese example words containing the character 百 (bai / băi) 百货大楼 (băihuòdàlóu = department store), 百科辞典 (băikē cídiăn = lexicon), 百慕达群岛 (Băimùdá Qúndăo = (The Islands of) Bermuda), 一百 (yībăi = one hundred) Other characters that are pronounced băi in Chinese 摆 (to put), 柏 (cypress) Information and translations of baí in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. Used widely for cursing by the Hokkien community in Southeast Asia especially in Medan and Batam in Indonesia, Penang and Johor in Malaysia, Singapore, and Taiwan. 宝贝儿 bai bai definition at Chinese.Yabla.com, a free online dictionary with English, Mandarin Chinese, Pinyin, Strokes & Audio. Look it up now! BAI is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary Your browser does not support the audio element. to worship (the gods)(Taiwan), Dali Bai autonomous prefecture 大理白族自治州 in Yunnan, (question is) not completely clear It has something to do with a very important thing: money! Search with English, Pinyin, or Chinese characters. Meaning of baí. Next, let’s explore the historical development of this word, mainly the second character, “贝” (bèi). Unique search feature: search by radical, pinyin and character. worshipping festival (Taiwan) From Chinese roots, its meaning is cypress tree. Your email address will not be published. !” He reacted a little shyly and said “Well, I know it means ‘baby’…I just want to figure out if that’s the only meaning of this word? Unlike many of my previous poems I … “宝贝” is also used to refer to female models and beautiful girls, especially in sports games. how to say I love you and other expressions in Chinese, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mR3Kr1tWRY, The Difference between Traditional and Simplified Chinese. Copyright © 2017-2019 Beijing Qian Yu Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. The meaning of Bai is "white". Or, if it has any other use that I don’t know yet?”, As I started to think about how to explain this word in a correct context to him, he went on explaining: “Yesterday, my Chinese girlfriend accidentally sent me a message with this word and it confused me that she called someone else ‘baby’ other than me…”. 亲 Looking for online definition of BAI or what BAI stands for? Another surname, 柏, meaning the tree cypress. In spoken Chinese, you can add the affix “儿” (ér) after “宝贝” to make it sounds more intimate. This name was borne in the 8th century by the Tang dynasty poet Li Bai, whose given was 白. The Chinese … But there’s nothing wrong in calling your boyfriend “宝贝”! Required fields are marked *, Culture| How Chinese Celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival?. Register to Book A Free Chinese Class for Your Child. “贝”, as a radical, helps to form many other characters all of which have money-related meanings, like wealth and treasure. for 大理白族自治州, Dali Bai autonomous prefecture in Yunnan, Dali city, capital of Dali Bai autonomous prefecture 大理白族自治州 in Yunnan, Song of the Pipa Player, long poem by Tang poet Bai Juyi 白居易, lit “Mr Lü's Spring and Autumn (Annals)”, compendium of the philosophies of the Hundred Schools of Thought諸子百家|诸子百家 [Zhū zǐ Bǎi Jiā], compiled around 239 BC under the patronage of Qin Dynasty 秦代[Qín Dài] Chancellor Lü Buwei.呂不韋|吕不韦[Lǚ Bù wéi], Bai Xianyong (1937-), Chinese-Taiwanese-US novelist of Hui descent, Jianchuan county in Dali Bai autonomous prefecture 大理白族自治州[Da4 li3 Bai2 zu2 zi4 zhi4 zhou1], Yunnan, Heqing county in Dali Bai autonomous prefecture 大理白族自治州[Da4 li3 Bai2 zu2 zi4 zhi4 zhou1], Yunnan, Binchuan county in Dali Bai autonomous prefecture 大理白族自治州[Da4 li3 Bai2 zu2 zi4 zhi4 zhou1], Yunnan, Bai Chongxi (1893-1966), a leader of Guangxi warlord faction, top Nationalist general, played important role in Chiang Kaishek's campaigns 1926-1949, Bai Qi (-258 BC), famous general of Qin 秦國|秦国, the victor at 長平|长平 in 260 BC Due to the rapid development of online shopping, it has been widely used by the online shop owners and customer service staff to refer to what people buy from their shop. The most commonly used meaning of Baobei is similar to “baby” in English, it’s used to refer to a lover or a young child. Xiǎo bái tù, bái yòu bái, liǎng zhī ěrduǒ shù qǐlái, ài chī luóbo hé qīngcài, bèng bèngtiào tiào zhēn kě’ài! Your email address will not be published. Of course, people still use “宝贝” to refer to something they think is highly valuable and they love a lot, like for a man, his “宝贝” could be a fancy new car or a cool watch, for a woman, her new shoes, purse could be her “宝贝”. 儿子 Pronunciation Gradually, the meaning was extended to mean valuable or precious things. Find more Chinese words at wordhippo.com! Bai Xingjian (c. 776-826), younger brother of Bai Juyi 白居易, Tang novelist and poet, author …

Fullmetal Alchemist Season 6, Nice To Meet You Email, Mashed Yam Ghana, Almond Blossom Doodles, Government Exams For Biochemistry, Peter Pan Syndrome Quiz, Peninsula Campground Folsom Lake, But What If Book,